1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PBP - "Five things to watch in Miami Dolphins-Houston Texans preseason game"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...to-watch-in-miami-dolphins-houston-tex/nZRFm/

Also mention RBs, TEs, CBs and OLine.

Nothing most of us here don't already know, but a good update for the casual fan.

I feel like this is a key game to see Ryan and the Oline show significant progress. Otherwise, I think some real concern could begin to set in. All arrows, however, point towards the 1st string offense performing better this week, despite the stronger opponent.

2. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Personally, I hope the team does not listen to the media. Whether this game is good or bad. They need to have some real blinders and focus on the next three weeks.

Even if they play poorly, they can still come on. Next week is another game that teams will gear up for and it should be another opportunity. Really, they just need to keep growing (I'd love to see them excel these next few games, of course, but just some growth & learning would be good - it's still a young team without a lot of experience playing together).

I always hearken back to the Patriots of 2001. They started 1-3 (then 3-4) and I thought they (and Belichick) were destined to failure. Somehow, they kept their mental focus and - even with relatively up and down, non-spectacular play from Brady most of the season - they went on to win the SB. Nobody saw that coming when they were 1-3 coming off a hammering loss (30-10) to the Dolphins.

Not saying we are in the same class but the key to this season - as with most teams - is keeping mental focus through down times. You just never know what that will do.

Bpk likes this.
  3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I want to see miller and Thomas run more. Their 12 carries total has a lot to do with our inconsistency. We've been putting it all on the passing game in both games so far.

Bpk likes this.
  4. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    That's because passing is where we need the most work.

Bpk likes this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    It's a good test, they play in a great stadium that provides real energy that can fluster an offense..Ryan needs to do a better job finding the balance of anticipating the rush and standing in there as long as he can to deliver, it's an art form, and he must be more precise when using his athleticism..

Preseason is about man on man, no frills, just come off the fu&$in ball and hit someone.

Bpk likes this.
  6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Because the Raider game was rigged with that stupid tuck rule call. Kind of ironic that in the season of 9-11, the team called the Patriots beats a team called the Raiders (as in pirates, the terrorists of yesteryear) on the way to the championship. Walt Coleman is one of the worst referees to ever work in the NFL.