1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penn State penalties/sanctions leaked

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Yellow Snowman, Jul 22, 2012.

1. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    semantics of what I was actually stating ? lol ...............

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Penn St. Prepare your anus.

3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    It has already been breached.....:lol:

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    A new Penn State piece of **** for roasting in the pits of hell:

Graham Spanier.

and yet...

Link

So this mutha ****er, covers it up, lies about covering it up, then tries to play the I was abused too card??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm sorry but its obvious to me the penalty wasn't enough. The school should be burnt to the ground.

5. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    How did hiding this not help create a competitive advantage? Isn't that within the NCAA's lane?

6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Hasn't been before.

That is an interpretation of the rules. Not an actual hard fast rule.

There have been many coverups in the past. Hell even the Univerity of Washington covered up a few rapes by Jeremey Stevens. Nothing happened to them.

7. Laces Out

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    If you're a parent, are you more worried about sending your kid to a school where another player raped a student, or where there is a coach raping little boys?

This whole fiasco is showing the world that the NCAA is fed up with the BS, and they decided to make an example out of a horrific offender.

8. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Come on now, calm down.

There were about 6 people complicit in this (if you want to count McCreary and the janitor who saw something but didn't say anything) and you want to burn down a school with 40,000 students, a community of more than 100,000, with 500,000 plus alumni, that is also one of the best public universities in the country?

I get that everybody needs to scream really loud so as to prove that we really hate child abuse, but there needs to be some rationality here.

In America, we have a system of justice set up. The actual perpertrator of these crimes will be in jail the rest of his life, Paterno is dead, Schultz and Curley are awaiting trial and potentially Spanier might be indicted as well. On top of that, the victims have the civil courts available to them in order to be compensated for what happened, should they choose to go that route. Now the football program itself has been hit with incredible sanctions.

I'd say that the message is sufficiently clear to everybody.

9. Laces Out

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    You don't think there were rumblings throughout campus and town about Sandusky liking boys? I'd bet there were....there is literally no way that only 6 people knew. Husbands tell wives, wives tell friends, friends of wives tell someone.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  10. Yellow Snowman

Yellow Snowman New Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Yep, in addition The police were involved and covered up for him as well. They basically said "Don't do it again" and walked away. Not to mention compliance directors and others who were CC'd and BCC'd on those emails.

Dozens and dozens of people knew. Every step of the way from police, to the media, to janitors, to compliance directors, to coaches, to administrator failed to think about these kids.....and they are kids. Kids that live in disadvantaged situations with nobody to turn to in their lives. The only people they could have turned to decided to side with a pedophile. This is a corrupt culture at Pedo St all for the benefit to win a football game.....even if it meant ruining dozens of kids and their families lives. As long as JoeFraud was winning games they were all willing to turn a blind eye...........as well as lie under oath to do it.

11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No the message is not clear otherwise this ******* wouldn't try to pretend he didn't cover up. This is why i said before I feel like the penalties should have been more severe, so that when **** like this happens again, covering it up is not an option that crosses anyone's mind. If the school has to fall to help that along so be it. At least its for a good cause.

There needs to be shift towards ethics in this country.

12. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    It has begun....

the ONLY thing that warms my heart about this, is that Bill O'Brien the ex-Patriots QB coach (the one screaming at Brady on the sideline last year) coachs PSU and he is now stuck in a lame-duck program....

Reportedly he gets paid 1M a year, and in order to buy out his contract he has to play the contract.....5M.......

13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Nobody said athletes are smart....

yeah because you know having the character of a person that condones child ripping, cover ups and the like is desirable.....

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
  15. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    I can actually believe it, remember this is a guy wrapped up in his own cocoon oblivious to anything outside Penn State, 24/7.