1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pennington Is Coming To Town

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan94, Dec 25, 2013.

1. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Who can forget this holiday classic?
    [video=youtube;U9ThMGXevvM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ThMGXevvM[/video]

2. khat

khat Active Member

Aug 9, 2008
    I wish we could've had Chad before all the shoulder issues. Chad+Ricky+that defense=Superbowl

P h i N s A N i T y and Bpk like this.
  3. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    It's not the same player, but in the same sense, the Dolphins could have legitimately been one pick away from having a Superbowl caliber team in the Dave Wannstedt years. Had they simply taken Drew Brees with the 26th pick in the 2001 draft, the fortune of the franchise could have been changed going forward.

I was reading Drew's book the other night. In his book, he talks about the 2001 draft. Apparently, Tom Braatz and Joe Tiller were good friends. Joe went to Drew and told him that he has a friend in Miami's front office, and his friend told him that if he was there, the Dolphins would take him. Tom Braatz is the guy that pounded the table wanting Drew Brees. Dave Wannstedt didn't listen to his scouts that day, took Jamar Fletcher instead, and the rest is history. Some think that it wouldn't made much of a difference with Wannstedt's coaching, but Wannstedt was not a poor coach. He was poor at evaluating personnel, but he was a decidedly average coach. Give him a franchise quarterback with the defense the Dolphins had back then, and Miami probably wins a Superbowl and Wannstedt maintains control of the franchise till it was time for Drew to move on.

khat and P h i N s A N i T y like this.
  4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Back in the day, when the USFL was still around the saying was if you could attach Bobby Herbert's arm to Chuck Fusina, you'd have the ultimate Qb

Love me some Chad Pennington though, damn that guy just got it done with physical skills that are worse then Jon Kitna's

5. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    jon kitna at least has an arm

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Great leader.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I got excited from the thread title..would take a shot on that guy big time, in any capacity I could get.

khat likes this.
  8. magicap

magicap Shonuff

Jan 21, 2012
    actually no no we don't win a Super Bowl right away with Bree's. If you look back at his career he struggled a few years and lost his job to Doug flute a few times. When the light came on though it came on bright!!!

9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Yup good point here. Hell, who knows if Brees becomes elite if dragted by the phins. Coaching would have been different, amount of opportunities might have not been the same, etc. It's just hard to say "this would have happened" with so many factors going into a QB's success in the NFL aside from his own work ethic and gifts.

10. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Drew Brees also played behind a ****ty OL. Just like a certain someone we know...

11. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    Penny might of still been our QB if not for the shoulder issues. Lots of love for the guy, easily my favorite ex-Jet.

12. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Those shoulder issues were the only reasons he got here in the first place.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk