1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pennington Is Dolphins' 'Pied Piper'

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by greyeagl53, Dec 4, 2008.

1. greyeagl53

greyeagl53 Active Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Central Florida
    PMZQ, TiP54 and padre31 like this.
  2. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    great read! i just hope he can stay healthy! I never been excited to have a QB like this in a long time!

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That is a great article, some highlights:

That reminds me soo much of something Bob Griese would say "A QB cannot be too excited, you have to make clear decisions..."

Of course he would be wearing Drew Carey black glasses when he said that..

13 yds away from 3,000, when we signed him the Pennington Hate was touchable, now look at him, that is the best statistical season for a Phins QB in 15 years or so, adding in completion percentage and scoring.

Not bad for a guy we plucked off the scrap pile...

HolliFinFan likes this.
  4. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    i still think favre going to the jets was the best thing for miami! i was happy when i heard that he signed with the jets cause i knew we would get chad...being from NY i watch a lot of his games and i hated him for always beating us, even when the jets were bad, but i liked him as a player.

cnc66 likes this.
  5. Pennington was not picked up off the scrap pile. He was a victim of the salary cap after he was released. B.P. did not hesitate once it was announced that Favre was going to NY. Less then 24hrs after it was offically announced Parcells had Pennington inked. Parcell's was watching and waiting for this. It would not even surprise me to find out he had already had the deal negotiated before it was offically announced. Kudos to Pennington too. He did not even entertain other offers from other teams. He came straight here and went straight to work. He may of been a gangreen jet before but he is a Dolphin now. I put him in the catagory of a born again, except instead of finding god, he found god's favorite team, THE MIAMI DOLPHIN'S.

6. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    CP is the man.
    You can say all you want about coaching and drafting...but I guarantee you, we wouldn't of won half of those games without him leading the way!
    He has the smarts to be a QB in the NFL. He lights a fire under everybody's arses. He meets with linemen and his recievers. He does it all. I really hope that he stays healthy. If if nothing outstanding happens, he can play here for another 3 years. After that, I swear he would be a great assistant coach. Heck, we could keep him just to mentor Henne. Main thing for Chaddy is to stay healthy, if he stays healthy, lord knows that he will be the best QB since everybody knows when. I think it is his stability what makes him special, because stability is one thing we had not had since you guys know. Point is - If he says healthy, this is one heck of a football team!

7. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    When you don't turn the ball over and you have a QB who can complete 65% of his passes you give yourself a chance to win most games. I am happy we finally have a very good QB after all the horrible ones we have had since Marino.

padre31 and HolliFinFan like this.
  8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I can actually see him becoming a QBs coach.

9. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Nice story. :up: