1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Per Marvez: Dolphins, Hartline Nearing Multi Year Agreement

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by schmolioot, Mar 5, 2013.

1. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    You sure he's ascending? Just because he's 26 doesn't mean that's the case. Although I guess if he scores 1 TD that isn't a blown coverage in 2013 that will be an improvement on last season

2. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I could be wrong but I see Hartline as a stepping stone guy. Good player to have while we develop young guys like Allen or whoever we draft. Allen is not a blazer but I think his size, ball skills and rac ability make him a decent big play threat. Kinda like a Hakeem Nicks or Roddy White.

djphinfan likes this.
  3. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Ascending my ***. He's falling down almost every time I see him.

ToddPhin and Aquafin like this.
  4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Hartline showed that he can be the split end (X receiver) in 2012. He maybe better off as the Z, I won't argue that. Hartline does best working outside the numbers though, which is where the X typically is more utilized.
    If we have Hartline and Allen as our starters, Hartline would remain the X and Allen would be the Z.

Boik14 likes this.
  5. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    There's a report from the Herald that Wallace will be seeking more money than Bowe. I gotta say, i feel as if Hartline could easily get 6M per year in free agency, regardless if he deserves it or not. Everything is shaping up that way.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Hartline had a horrible offseason coming into training camp, no ability to train, lost weight, didnt even practice in camp, with a rook to boot..

If that contract comes down a bit, I believe it to be a good move, doesn't prohibit us from signing or drafting other weapons..

7. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    NEVER HAVE I HATED ANY MEMBER OF A ORGINZATION LIKE iRELAND BUT ANYYONE WHO FREAKIN THINKS THIS IS A GOOD MOVE IS TOALLY INSANE .

I THOUGHT WE WERE TRYNG TO IMPROVE THE CRAPPPIEST WR CORP IN THE LEAGUE ? DOESN'T SOUND LIKE WE ARE TRYING TO IMPROVE.

TooGoodForDez and Disgustipate like this.
  8. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Keenan Allen may be a Roddy White but Im not sure hes that good. He screams more "poor mans Miles Austin" to me

If we have Hartline and Allen as our wr's we'll be adequate but teams will press us all day long and dare us to throw down field. Neither of those guys are winning jump balls or putting fear in to DB's.

9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I wish I had a good funny picture about using caps lock. If I did, I would hope it was from Futurama. Possibly Zoidberg.

Stitches likes this.
  10. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    "I've got picks and money!"

(uses money to overpay players already on roster)
    (uses picks to attempt to replace players traded away)

11. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Ah but is Manti Teo's fake GF a prostitute? :lol:

TooGoodForDez likes this.
  12. ether79

ether79 ****

Dec 21, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I like the fact that it is in all caps except the I in Ireland. What is that??

13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That would be "yes", he is ascending, his first yr as a ersatz #1 Wr and he had a great yr

Here is my deal with Bline, when I said he would make the pro bowl, I was mocked, when I said he will get 6-8 million per yr I was mocked, when I said we will resign him I was mocked

And here we are, sometimes I wonder what games my fellow Finfans are watching.

Play man press all day B14, Hartline will have a big day.

Anonymous likes this.
  14. Phinfanjt

Phinfanjt New Member

Jan 29, 2013

Typing in all caps doesn't help you get your point across. It screams whining and people typically skip over them

15. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I hope so. The poor girl gets around with so many polynesian athletes, I'd hope she's at least getting paid for it.

Boik14 likes this.
  16. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    That the i isnt capitalized indicates he meant to type idiot instead of Ireland and since idiot is not someone's name it doesnt deserve to be capitalized. See, its logical :)

ether79 likes this.
  17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I didn't notice. Caps lock is the universal sign for, "Ignore this post"

ckparrothead, Phinfanjt and padre31 like this.
  18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Overpaying for a #2 WR shouldnt be a shock when Joe Flacco gets an insane amount of money.

ToddPhin likes this.
  19. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Assuming Bline is back in the fold, what is next?

I suspect Ireland goes hard for a Te, and looks for lesser Wr's like Hixon or Sanders. He tends to look for ascending players or guys who can play, but are behind guys who have more chances.

20. MrClean

Yeah, it would not be the best field stretching pair. Though, Allen with Hart and Bess as 1,2,3, would be a whole lot better than what we had last year.

21. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Thats not saying a lot at all.

22. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Although to be fair, Joe Flacco tied Joe Montana for throwing 11 touchdowns in the post season and also became the first QB to play four post season games and not throw a single interception. Oh and there's the whole "Super Bowl MVP" thing...

...but otherwise, very similar to Brian Hartline. ;)

23. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    When were you mocked? You developing a complex now?

24. MrClean

Looks like you've polished off a half a bottle of vodka already, and it's still middle of the day.

[​IMG]

25. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think the goal is still a starting wide receiver and tight end pair. The actual nature and allocation is up in the air.

26. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Prior to the "Richie Incognito makes Pro Bowl" thread.

There was an epic thread and I said Bline would get paid, prior to being named as a pro bowl alternate, and it was not pretty.

Danny Amendola's name is sticking in my head for some reason, as much as I like Thiggy I just suspect he is on the bubble b/c he does not do enough things, add Danny A and if healthy just pencil in 2k APY and he should be cheap, ditto Hixon.

IMO that is how Ireland thinks about FA's

27. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    just like most of your posts

28. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I was really thinking James Casey, but also suspect they really like Charles Clay.

They both do the same job and Clay works cheaper.

My fear in this is Ireland may not want to give up on Egnew just yet, so we make no move and just rely on him to improve which would be a huge mistake imo

29. oakelmpine

oakelmpine New Member

Oct 16, 2012
    However outside of Hartline, Ireland's track record for bringing in WR's is pretty lame. That is unless you think Bess was his guy, which then completely blows any argument that Ireland was nothing but Parcells lapdog for 3 years. If you want to give him credit for Bess then he needs to take blame for a lot of what went wrong during Parcells time.

You can't have it both ways Ireland advocates.

30. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Quoted for emphasis.

Great signing if true. I rest my case.

31. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Hartline isn't worth $6m a year. He's not a good enough number two. He's a JAG.

32. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Hartline has 1 big day in 4 years and thats the conclusion you come to? That if you press him he will have a big day? Hartline is ok but hes not a guy you worry about when pressing him unless its me or you doing the press coverage.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  33. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    What am I overreacting to? A combined $15 million going to two players that were already on the roster? That's using cap space to keep the current roster, not using cap space to upgrade the roster.

34. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Good comparison. Miles Austin was pretty good before the injuries crept up on him. Versatile, very good after the catch, not a burner but plenty fast enough. Iirc White came into his own in year 3 or 4. Some of that was on Vick but I'd be happy if Allen even approached a White or Austin level.

Hartline and Allen won't scare anyone but outside of paying Wallace 12 million how do we fix WR in one offseason? IMO drafting a couple guys, developing them and the guys we already have is the way to go based on the current options. I think we're still going to be a run the ball play defense team for at least another year or two. Even a modest upgrade to the pass game is going to make a big difference to the offense as a whole.

35. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    thanks stringer....sorry man.

36. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Hartline is great against press coverage, one of the best in the league. Its all about technique, thats why he was such a great hurdler when he was younger.

37. MrClean

I do not agree. Just a significant upgrade in the WR corps like Allen (or several others for that matter) would offer, could have made the difference to the point we won 2-3 more games if the rest of the starters remained the same. Having no more than 2 reliable WRs most of the time really stifled the offense.
    It won't remain the same though. There will be more upgrades. Better TE most likely. What if we sign Cook or Bennett, then draft Allen or Patterson at 12, and followup with Ertz at 42 or Escobar a little later? If the defense is as good as last season only, which I also expect to improve for that matter, we have a playoff caliber team.

38. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm not sure why that would be, there's really no history of Ireland sitting around on his own picks when they've been non-starters.

39. oakelmpine

oakelmpine New Member

Oct 16, 2012
    You could look at it this way my friend, if signing Hartline is a contributing factor to Ireland leaving after this season, isn't resigning him a good thing ?

(think positive :up:)

TooGoodForDez and Aquafin like this.
  40. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Oh I agree we need to draft a few guys but to me Hartline is your underneath wr and you need some vertical players. Draft 2 from Patterson, Williams, Bailey, Hopkins, Austin and youre moving more in the direction I want this team to go then Keenan Allen. Which isnt to say Allen is a bad player, I just think those other guys are better fits for what we need.