1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Per NFL Network: Seattle & Miami showing interest in Moss

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Where is the disaster part I'm missing?

Cutting a Wallace or Moore?

Moving Hartline back two slots?

Or do you think Moss is going to come here and not run routes for 60 minutes until he gets cut again?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  2. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Cool he still probably is about as effective as Hartline even in that role...

He'll play. Always does when he wants to. Money, ring, easy situation he'll do it...

3. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I'd consider a 1 year extension (based on his performance) which gives us enough time to groom a proper replacement...... unless we could grab a Mike Sims-Walker type in FA.

I hate being stuck with our pants around our ankles and forced to draft a #2 who might not be the guy who truly fits the bill. (see our 2009 3rd round pick)

4. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    :crapstrom:

I refuse to answer any more questions. :lol:

You people are insane.

ToddsPhins, BlameItOnTheHenne and Jaj like this.
  5. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    The guy is a bit of a headcase (like a lot of WRs are) but heck to keep him from the Jets and Pats it's worth a shot. I don't care much either way but I am all for experiments with little consequence on the negative side. :D

6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    you are a smart man right?
    I've read your posts and you know the drill
    yet Oz you ask this question...... come on now

7. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    What do you mean "you people"?

[​IMG]

8. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Aw hell just the desperate ones who look to patch a team with Randy Moss :lol:

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  9. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    If we were to get Moss we would hands down have the best WR corp in the league. Hartline as a 4th option behind 2 pro bowlers and arguably the best slot WR in the league in Bess?

10. Ozzy

If he is demanding a long term deal before he reports anywhere then I see. But for 4 million, he is worth giving a try in an uncapped season.

Hartline will not be hurt by it because imo he needs to relax more, and being the number 2 Wr seems to have given him a lot of pressure. Even as a 3 although he did better coming off the bench.

Moss was in NE for a bit and we hardly herd a peep out of him until now.

This coming from someone that wanted nothing to do with him when he wanted out of Oaktown...

dolfan22 and HULKFish like this.
  11. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i dont see him fitting in to our culture. seems like he would be devisive. but if we can get him to actuslly give a damn he might be worth it. i would rather avoid him though

12. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I like the idea of Moss being a Dolphin. Worst draft I remember was when JJ traded down as Moss kept dropping down the board. If Miami would have stayed at 22 (if memory serves me correctly) Moss would have been on the board.

If we do sign him just make sure to BENCH HIS *** AGAINST THE PATRIOTS. The guy played like a turd for the Vikings. Reminded me of his days in Oakland. Too bad...Moss could have gone down as one of the greatest players of all-time if he had his head on straight.

13. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    I'd pass on Moss. Henning can't find plays for the offense that we have let alone trying to complicate things by throwing down field. (hahaha)

14. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    Hmmm.... interesting wrinkle. If we get him he could mentor other young WR's, but he would turn the offensive scheme upside-down. From the wildcat to Moss this is becoming a circus. All I want for Christmas is touchdowns.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  15. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Per Schefter's Twitter:

16. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    I don't see how any single person on this board can think that picking up Randy Moss would be a good idea.....you think that the Fins players want a guy with that kind of attitude and work ethic on their team? Someone who just publicly dissed his team by professing his love for the whole Patriots organization, he practically broke down and cried because he wants to be part of the Pats team sooo bad!! Now some of you guys are really wanting this guy on our team???

LOL!!! What a bunch of garbage!! This might be the most childish, unprofessional and just outright lamest crap I have ever seen from a professional football player of his status. To come out and say what he said, like he said it.......man, if I was one of his teammates I would have called him out right away if I saw him after seeing that interview. Who the hell does he think he is!!

The worst part....... our fans are actually contemplating someone like this in our locker room?!?! REALLY???

I understand the initial interest, but come on people open your eyes!! This is exactly what we need to stay away from as we try to rebuild our team. I know some of you are gonna say...."but Brandon Marshall", look. There was far more benefit vs. risk in going after Marshall then there is in signing Moss. Moss has horrible work ethic and almost no loyalty towards his team. Unless of course you are the New England Patriots.

I find it hard to believe that any team in the NFL is truly happy to have a chance to have Moss on their team at this point. If there are some, it will be the ones with nothing to loose. Maybe the Dallas Cowgirls or Jest teams that have no problem with having troublesome distractions on their teams and love to sign any big name that pops up.

Last time I checked this wasn't how the Dolphins run things. I mean we wouldn't even offer JT a decent contract, now I find it very hard to believe that the Fins organization would go after someone of such low character/work ethic.

This is of course all just my opinion and I'm sure some of you will disagree, but I want no part in a petering old WR that professes his relentless love for the Pats :up:

adamprez2003 and icx like this.
  17. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Translation: “I’m fine with him going to the Jets.”

HULKFish likes this.
  18. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    better than here thats for sure
    didn't your mom ever tell you to worry about yourself and not other people? same thing here, everyone always worrying about who other teams might pick up. let them stack em' up, cause the best team in the NFL was just shut out at home by a hurting Packers team who didn't even eclipse the 10 point mark.

Translation: I'm not worried :pointlol:

19. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Wutttttt^?

Can't find plays? Who can't he find plays for? Ronnie's getting plenty of carries to reach, Ricky gets his carries, Marshall's on pace to break the catch record for all Dolphin receivers, Bess is producing consistent yardage, Fasano will easily break a career high, and Hartline catches about 5 passes per game.

Drop Fasano's catches just a bit, run the ball 2 times less per game, and replace Hartline with Moss and Moss could easily average eight passes per game, but his will be further down the field.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  20. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    You’re joking, right?

The last thing we need is Moss on another AFC East team. We’re already in a deep enough hole without having to worry about somehow covering Holmes, Edwards, Keller, and Moss at the same time… or worrying about how other teams will cover them.

Rule #1 of football: win your division. If that means denying an asset to a rival, so be it.

And you grossly overstate the detrimental impact of Randy Moss on a roster, especially as a half season rental. Let me guess, you were opposed to acquiring Brandon Marshall.

ToddsPhins, Phins28 and Stitches like this.
  21. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    All talent, no brains, lots of money. That's a dangerous cocktail.

Yeah he'll move us right into contention for dumbest move of the season.

22. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    That's assuming that Moss would be an asset to the Jets. I'm not sure he is.

23. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    That alone is worth a 5-year extension... :up:

24. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I’m not sure how he isn’t. The Jets are comfortable letting Sanchez win and lose games for them; Moss helps the “win” part happen.

I don’t know how any team can cover a 3 WR formation of Moss, Holmes, and Edwards. I’d prefer to field a 3 WR formation of Moss, Marshall, and Bess for the next nine games.

fins4o8, Phins28 and MarinePhinFan like this.
  25. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    That's pretty much what the Vikings figured, too. And he didn't help them with the "win part". In fact, just about the only thing Moss really cares about - as evident by his occasional rants - is to be appreciated. And I'm not sure that he would feel appreciated in New York where he has to share the spotlight with plenty of team mates.

26. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    He'd get all the snacks he wanted though.

27. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Well, at the very least the Moss to Miami chatter is a clear message to Hartline and Wallace, whether we land the man or not, Hartline will be on notice that his game has been garbage so far this year.

28. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The Vikings had problems beyond receiver, which is why their trading for Moss in the first place (and attempts to trade for Vincent Jackson) made little sense.

They’re losing because Brett Favre sucks, not because Sidney Rice is on PUP. And now they’ve realized that a month too late.

29. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    why in gods name would the raiders put in a claim for him? he sucked when he was there

ToddsPhins likes this.
  30. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Just this morning I heard Mortensen report that Fisher (Tennessee coach) said "every player on the team has stopped by to tell me to go get Moss". And he isn't the first coach that's said something like that in the two days since this story broke. So if you can't believe anybody on this board wants to bring Moss in then you're probably shocked that it seems most NFL players want to bring Moss in as well. If so many players who know him want to bring him in then it seems that you're the one who should open his eyes.

BTW Moss didn't have any work ethic issues in NE. Reports are that Moss was saying out loud what many players were thinking in Minny, that Childress was a joke. That's why he's being waived.

31. Ozzy

Hartline was just on the radio and while he was trying his best not to say anything bad about Moss, he said, looking at it from the outside, he'd say pass on Moss....

lol was all I could muster up on that one.

BlameItOnTheHenne and ToddsPhins like this.
  32. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :lol: @ the "lol"

Hopefully he'll be looking at it from the sidelines saying "pass to Moss!!". :chuckle:

Ozzy likes this.
  33. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    The release of Moss and the current state of him landing in Miami, along with the fanbase as a majority in favor has led me to believe that Dolphins fans are out of their freakin' skulls :up:

DHPVW likes this.
  34. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    because Moss has produced so much this year! his numbers are barely better than Hartline......besides the 4 td's he has nothing Hartline doesn't

you guys are right, such a big producer on offense lately. fin fans have deff lost their minds :no:

35. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Yeah, besides the 4 TD's. Forget that. It's only 4x the TD's that Brandon Marshall, Ricky williams and Ronnie Brown have. Who needs that here?

36. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    Yeah.......their loosing because Favre sucks :lol: not because they are minus two of their top WR.

You have some mixed up views my friend. Favre played well against the Pats, Moss didn't even try.........but you are right, the best QB to play the game is all to blame :huh1:

37. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    so you are saying that Marshall, Brown, Williams are all less of players then Moss?

It's not that maybe we have other issues to address on our offense right? Marshall and gang are the reason we don't score TD's, bring Moss in and he'll show everyone how it's done.........hahaha :pity:

texasPHINSfan likes this.
  38. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Why would Peyton Manning be to blame for Minnesota's woes? The colts aren't even going to play the Vikes this year.

39. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    You do realize that by bringing in Moss, Marshall could no longer be double covered, right?

Moss is still such a threat vertically that he opens up the rest of the field. Marshall and Bess would have more room to operate, so would R&R. Hence, we would score more TD's.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  40. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    I understand your reasoning, but Marshall and Bess shouldn't need Moss in order to score TD's. There is plenty of talent on our offense to get the ball in the endzone. Heck, at the beginning of the year most people on this forum were so adamant that our running attack would go crazy with the addition of Marshall, so what happened?

There is no excuse for our team not to score TD's. Moss isn't the answer. Play calling is just horrible this year. Brown had something like 7 TD's last year when he got hurt, now all the sudden our ground game vanished and that's with the addition of Marshall. We just need to work out our problems with the pieces we have now.

texasPHINSfan likes this.