1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perception vs Reality

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jt0323, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7708713

Colin Cowherd says there are a lot of teams in the AFC that don't have their quarterbacks of the future. The Miami Dolphins missing out on Matt Flynn is not a big deal. It's hard to see much difference between Flynn and Matt Moore.

He makes good points

Kucha, Fin D and Bulldog like this.
  2. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Don't let the facts get in the way of a good narrative, which is the Dolphins suck, Ireland sucks and this team is headed towards disaster.

Anything to the contrary needs to be ignored or looked down upon

Fin D, FinNasty, Laces Out and 2 others like this.
  3. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    If you are happy with the fact that the Dolphins will probably be heading into next season with a backup QB once again the starter, good for you. The reality is that the Dolphins have been one of the worst organizations in the league over the last three years and nothing they have done so far during this off season has changed this fact. This is not perception, it is unfortunately reality.

4. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Was Flynn a backup QB? Just wondering....And since the draft is over and free agency is already over, you have a very valid point.

Agua, Fin D, bakedmatt and 1 other person like this.
  5. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    LOL. It's only March and the sky is already falling.

Fin D likes this.
  6. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Flynn has the NEW QB smell and Moore doesn't.

Fin D and bakedmatt like this.
  7. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    :knucks:

8. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I wasn't a big fan of signing Flynn. My complaint with the Dolphin organization is how ineffective it has been run for the last three years, not just with the fact they have failed to do anything this off season to improve this team at the QB position or any other position, as far as I am concerned.

9. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Whats the use of getting all worked up over something we have no control over. As much as we would like to have an influence over what decisions Ross, Ireland, Philben and the Dolphins do or don't do we don't and wont no matter what we do or don't do. Sure we can threaten not to go to games, not renew season tickets, not buy Dolphin Gear or anything else that comes to mind but it has no bearing or influence on anything they do. All we can do is agonize and stress over whatever happens or don't happen and whatever decisions are made or not made.
    A lot of the younger fans here don't have the luxury of memories of the good and great times we had in being Miami Dolphin fans in the now distant past. I love the Miami Dolphins and always will and now I live off of those memories with hopes of seeing a turnaround before I leave this world. I still have hope and the satisfaction of knowing there are still other fans out there like me, waiting anxiously, but patiently.

Agua likes this.
  10. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    FA isn't over and the draft is over a month away. Why rush to judge?

11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Because.....MOAR!!!!

12. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I have four years of watching Ireland as the GM of this organization. I have seen the Dolphins regress each year, after making the playoffs in 2008. So I am not rushing to judgement. I am merely facing the fact that this organization is headed no where but downhill as long as Ireland is the GM of this team.