1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Percy Harvin's lingering migraines

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by finyank13, Aug 10, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Any of you guys starting to think this cat might not play that long in his career?? He has evident problems with migraines, that do not seem to go away. I may be wrong but he hasnt had a concussion yet, thank God. However being only in his 2nd year, I wonder if he does sustain one, or the jarring of everyday football makes his migraines worst. He has them so bad that it forced him out of a game last year I believe...

My gf has migraines and they are a mofo....when she gets hit with them bad, she gets real real dizzy, and just lays on a couch or a bed....I could never picture a person playing with them, they seem awful to deal with.

That being said I think everything worked out for Miami, I know alot of people had them taking Harvin in 2009. I personally wanted Vontae, nothing against the kid, but I think Miami got the better end of this...even though Harvin's numbers were very very good for as a rook last year....

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/14614/another-migraine-episode-for-percy-harvin

Vikings coach Brad Childress confirmed Tuesday that Percy Harvin is once again dealing with migraine headaches.

The headaches were ostensibly brought on from stress due a recent death in Harvin's family. Harvin is back in Minnesota, resting near Vikings training camp, but Chilly still has no timetable for his return. We're not yet worried about Harvin's missed practice reps, and he has a month to get past the migraines.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I deal with them frequently and mine are due to stress overload. I'd be able to play so long as I didn't have one, and if I get them I usually end up getting sick and I'm good to go.

finyank13 likes this.
  3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    If you did have one, would you be able to play?? I mean I know this is a hypo but I wonder, I have never had them before, just witnessed the havoc it causes....my gf was puking last night due to them...

btw I didnt forget your Civil war Gettysburg thing in November, I dont want to hit you with misinformation...waiting to things start to get concrete..:up:

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I've been lucky that I've always had them when I'm at home and not at work. I don't know to be quite honest with you. Physical activity wouldn't be at the top of my to do list, that's for sure.

Knowing coverages, picking up blitzes, blocking for your RB when he's going down field suffering a migraine? doesn't really sound appealing. And what if you catch it and get hit.. no thanks.

It's cool I'd rather have concrete info. Thanks.

5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Something to be aware of...

The Vikings have sent a "five-day letter" to Percy Harvin as a warning to rejoin the team, according to a report from Profootballtalk.com.

The letter means Harvin has five days to report to the team or risk suspension and/or fines. Harvin has been dealing with migraines, but there's also been speculation that he and Sidney Rice are purposely avoiding the rigors of camp as long as Brett Favre stays away. At the very least, Harvin can report to team headquarters and let the Vikes' medical staff contribute to the management of his migraines.