1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perfect Season and Miami Fans

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RunRickyRun, Nov 17, 2009.

Do you care about a Perfect Regular Season (16-0)?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2010.
  1. Yes, I care.

21 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No, I don't care. As Long as they lose the Super Bowl.

18 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. RunRickyRun

RunRickyRun New Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Curious, how many of us root for no team to go undefeated these days.

Back when NE had their run, I rooted hard against them, and still do to this season with the Saints and Colts.

But has NE cheapened how we root for the Un-perfect season?

Basically, do you not care if they go un-defeated in the regular season these days since the Patriots ran the table a few years back?

Thanks

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Colts have a real shot at it.

dolfan7171 and RunRickyRun like this.
  3. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    regular season is fine since the Pats already did that....As long as 19-0 doesn't happen

dolfan7171, gafinfan and RunRickyRun like this.
  4. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    They only play one team under .500 from here on out though I believe. However, the Saints have one of the easiest schedules.

As for the poll, I didn't vote because I'm in the middle. I care because I don't want to have to wait until the Superbowl, but in reality it doesn't really matter as long as they lose sometime.

jetssuck, dolfan7171 and RunRickyRun like this.
  5. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    i still dont think any of these teams are better than the 07 patriots... And both Saints and Colts could lose easily, I mean 49ers were close a few weeks ago against the Colts, and the Saints almost lost to the Rams

6. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Saints are pretenders IMO they have been exposed.

Peyton Manning is probably the greatest QB Ive ever seen play.

7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    where is the option to vote for "dont care at all"

my dad was 7 in 1972.....it really wouldnt bother me if someone went undefeated....i could care less.....i wanna win a superbowl this millennium....thats all i care about. period.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    It bugs me. I care alot about it actually. Its THE greatest accomplishment this team has made, and probably one of the greatest in all of sports. I like being able to say we're the only ones to do it, and would hate to see anyone else do it.

9. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    i dont want to see anyone go undefeated.

and the patriots dont count. they cheated. i dont care if the league treats them special by not putting an asterisk next to their season, and giving their QB the ability to request penalties.

dolfan7171 and dolphindebby like this.
  10. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Of course I care.

Why wouldn't I?
    It's part of our teams heritage and history.

I personally don't get why people get so caught up in this thought process where you MUST choose between acknowledgement of past success and success in the future. It's a silly debate. There's no reason at all to "choose between them".

As a fan you can appreciate the rich history of the team and at the same time hope to ADD to that history of the team with future success.

I mean. If we won the Super Bowl this year would it mean nothing next year because it would be past history? Silly.

There are plenty of teams that have crap for a past and would love to be able to boast about a history like the Phins have. Us Dolphins fans need to stop trying to take a dump on our storied past and learn to embrace and cherish it. Why I even have to suggest this to fellow Dolphin fans is mind boggling to me.

dolfan7171 and dolphindebby like this.
  11. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i always root against any team that is getting close but its not till week 12 i get worried. just incredibly difficult to do. funny though that the colts and saints dont bother me as much as the bears and patriots did

12. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    It wouldn't bother me if another team went undefeated, we will always be the first. But I did root against the Pats b/c of the cheating. That will forever taint my opinion of that team and I didn't ever want them associated with perfection.

So I would be okay with either the Colts or Saints going undefeated, but I don't either one will do it.

13. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Of course I care but more so about a complete run of the table. Just from seeing the Pats fold at the end made me realize that, just maybe, 19 games is like "A Bridge to Far" in terms of anyone joining our '72 team. I just don't think it will ever happen and that will be even more true if they up the regular season to 17 or 18 games as they are now talking about doing.

14. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I used to care about it alot. I've softened on it a bit because of the Pats 16-0 regular season. Either way, when you consider that fans don't give the 72' perfect season nearly as credit as they used to (longer season, Free Agency, etc.) it wouldn't bother me all that much. We'd still be the first franchise to accomplish it.

15. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    You know what's downright scary? The Saints playing the Colts in the Superbowl... I won't even watch that one if that happens.

16. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    For those who have been around to remember those teams it may mean a little more.It's still quite an accomplishment and one that someone will match one day.Until then I enjoy with others when then the last team goes down.

jetssuck and dolphindebby like this.
  17. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i simply dont understand how the patriots are even in this discussion. They choked in the only game that mattered and failed to finish off the perfect season. Who gives a crap about winning the regular season? The only team that should even be mentioned in the same discussion is the 1948 Cleveland Browns. They at least accomplished the whole enchilada and didnt choke like the '34 and '42 Bears and '07 Patriots. Noone was talking about the legendary '34 and '42 Bears teams prior to the Dolphins running the gauntlet and that's because there is zero accomplishment to going undefeated in the regular season only to lose in the championship

dolfan7171 and Coral Reefer like this.
  18. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thank you for writing what I also feel.
    I love our history and the perfect season. I don't care if people weren't born then or not, It's still the Miami Dolphins and they were the first to ever accomplish such a feat. A great coach and team that still love and support this franchise.
    No other team has that, just us.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  19. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I don't want to see another have a Perfect Season other than the Miami Dolphins. I remember seeing a commerical for NFL Network that Coach Tony Sparano said briefly these words: "All I want is another Perfect Season." That goes for me. I want to see the same thing happen soon.

dolphindebby and adamprez2003 like this.
  20. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i didnt say take it out've the record books, i said i dont care if someone matches it.....i wont lose sleep. i hate the dolfans that use the undefeated thing in debates over what teams better.....like it matters now. no ones crapping on history, i just dont care. im worried about the dolphins now. not the dolphins that went undefeated with one of the easiest schedules of all time so long ago that most current players werent even alive to see it......rah rah rah histroy yay! it doesnt matter to me if someone else goes undefeated......ill be ok.

Stitches likes this.
  21. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    no soup for you!

jetssuck likes this.