1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perhaps One solution to our OLB pass rush problem

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fastball83, Apr 18, 2012.

1. fastball83

fastball83 Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Hello,

with the guyton signing, we could see Dansby on the outside LB spot (lie in his years in arizona) and he is good at that if I have good memory.

opinions ?

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    There's a big difference between being a blitzer and an edge rusher. Dansby was a good blitzer in Arizona.

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    We haven't had. Good blitzer in awhile

4. seabass0795

seabass0795 New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Orlando
    Personally I would use our #8 pick on Melvin Ingram. I do not see why many people say Quentin Coples, when Ingram fits perfectly in our hybrid 4-3 defense. I believe in Moore, he looked promising at the end of the year. We had very close games against the giants, broncos, cowboys, and patriots at the end of the year. With Moore at qb, Ingram with 1st round pick, and a Harrison smith if he is available in the second (if not then a wr preferably randle) and our schedule I see us as playoff contenders.

P.S Say No to Tannenhill

5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Just watched the Denver lowlights. As much as I hate Tebow, in the last two minutes, he was the only clutch QB on the field. If the Jests actually had a coach worth a damn on the offensive side w/some creativity, I'd actually be scared of the Jests this year. I like Moore as a stopgap for 1 year, but he's not a great QB

6. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    I could see it now, Brady's mouth watering once he takes the field and sees Guyton lining up as our MLB lol

7. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    It's probably something they are implementing. Besides, Guyton they brought in (worked out/interviewed) 3 other LBs who can play MIKE. There's talk they'll move Misi to MIKE. So I am assuming they move Dansby to WILL and Burnett to the SAM position.

Dansby has been a good blitzer in the past and he hasn't been used in Miami like that. So if you line him up behind Wake and rush 5 that'll be scary.

You could also use some zone blitzes and drop back Wake into coverage and blitz Dansby. So you still rush 4 and but disguising it more. Wake has shown that he's not bad in short zone coverage.