1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perhaps Ross' Greatest Mistake

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Was not visiting Harbaugh by himself and offering him $10 M per and total control (perhaps he did but I doubt it) - make him an offer he can't refuse. Use the horse's head trick if necessary! If you asked me to choose any coach I would want to run my team the next 10-15 years ... I'd take Harbaugh. He's smart. He's young. He's arguably as intensely competitive a coach as there is. His teams are aggressive; smart; and know how to play D - no matter the outcome of this Saints game ... the guy can coach.

Even if we finished this year at 5-11, I'd rather Have Harbaugh right now than anyone else out there.

If we can find a coach similar to that - that would be ideal.

2. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Or it was buying the team.:shifty:

jw3102 and jsizzle like this.
  3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Jim Harbaugh coaches the San Francisco 49ers now.
    Get over it people.

Steve-Mo and Tin Indian like this.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I don't think we ever had a chance. It seems it was either San Fran or Stanford for Jim.

Fin D and Paul 13 like this.
  5. Phyl

Phyl New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Just because we make an offer doesn't mean someone is interested. Not everyone likes or wants to live in Miami and it has nothing to do with ownership.

Fin D likes this.
  6. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Ross had no shot at Harbaugh. Jim didn't even have to move his family to go from Stanford to the 49ers. IIRC, it's about a half hour drive from Palo Alto to San Fran. To believe otherwise is looking at it throught aqua colored glasses.

Fin D, Steve-Mo, Sceeto and 1 other person like this.
  7. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Ross has shown by his actions since he became the owner of the Dolphins that he is more about the glitz and glamour and less about the product on the field. He seems to be able to entice celebrities to become part owners of the team, but he has yet to show that he can hire anyone who can actually turn this team into a winning football team.

8. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Watching that game today I agree. He was our biggest loss this season.

9. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Maybe, but it is strange that when Huizenga owned the Dolphins, he was ALWAYS able to sign the the coaches he went after. I don't know of one single coaching prospect that Huizenga went after that he didn't sign to a contract. He was even able to convince Bill Parcells to come to the Dolphins after Parcells had agreed verbally to take over the Atlanta Falcons football front office.

All the hires Huizenga made may not have worked out in the long run, but at the time he was hiring the hottest names on the market and no one was turning him down. Unlike the hottest prospects which Ross has tried to hire over the last two seasons. Perhaps Ross will get lucky with his next hire, but so far he has not shown that he can attract the better coaches to the Dolphins organization.

10. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    His biggest mistake was openly seeking a new coach while he still had his current coach under contract. Working for Ross is now akin to eating yellow snow.

11. mommabilly

May 3, 2010
    Because like him or not, Wayne Huizenga was well respected around the league. Ross ? er, no. Perception is reality these days and tell ya what, unless Matt Morre transforms into Peyton Manning and we kick everyones azzzz next year, the smell of Ross around the league and nation will only get smellier as time pass. After his latest fiasco of giving up an experienced coach for Jeff Ireland confirmed the perception that Ross should keep his day job of building a real estate empire and leave owning an NFL football team up to the billionaires that actually know how to own a football team.

I bet at the next owners meeting someone puts a fart pillow on Rosses chair.

12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Pete Carroll

13. mommabilly

May 3, 2010
    Nobody is getting Pete Carroll to leave the West Coast for any amount of money.

14. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, but you also have to look at it that Miami was always in playoff contention as well. You look at our division and coach's figure they can face either....Patriots, Jets, or Bills twice.....or they can face Seahawks, 49ers, or Cardnials twice. I'm thinking I'll go NFL west, or AFC west.

Sadly Miami has become a losing culture, dwindling fan base, questionable ownership, and midrange talent. Not the top destination it used to be.

15. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Like when they got John Randle?

16. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    he is the prototype Da' Fins, your right..

With him its all about how he motivates you, I'am sure he has unique ways of adjusting his personality to connect with all his players and getting the best out of them..man he's good.

17. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i would rather have Fisher but the real story here is two years in a row our top choice has rejected Ross. Ross needs to sell the team. He is a clown and the NFL knows it even if some fans refuse to admit it yet

PSG likes this.