1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition- Is It Time For Mr. Ross to Leave Town?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Sep 30, 2015.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Hey Guys-

I started a petition over on Change.org for Ross to either step up or let an owner with some passion buy the team. I do have some media connections so I'll be pumping it out there for all our brethren to see, and I'd appreciate if you'd sign the petition and pass it around social media as well. While I'm really not expecting anything to come from this, I figured that it couldn't hurt with the glaring problems we continue to see year after year.

Petition to Stephen Ross

So I'll say thanks in advance and let's see what happens!

MonstBlitz likes this.
  2. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    You know I'm signing. He is terrible.

KeyFin likes this.
  3. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i just wish he would learn how to manage the franchise in terms of how to handle the front office and who is on the sidelines because there is a lot to like about ross IMO.

4. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    I find Change.org to be a farce. Use teh site for real issues in the world. who gives a tard what we think about a NFL owner. Hes not that bad he spends money thats the key. Can we do better damn right. Can we get a worse owner ? easily

number21 likes this.
  5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    10x better than Huizenga IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Ross is not the problem.

7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    ridiculous! would you like him to move the team to another location, maybe somewhere in the mid-west? it can happen. he's been a good owner, the problem lies in coaching.

8. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Ross is part of the problem Good intentions and spending money are fine but he has yet to hire a real coach.

9. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    Signed.

KeyFin likes this.
  10. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Ross is an idiot, but you've lost your damn mind if you think that he's going to make a billion dollar business deal because you put a petition on the internet.

resnor, JDelenne and brandon27 like this.
  11. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Lol i dont think There is a difference between Ross, Huizengha, joe Robbie, benson, Kraft, york, etc.

If belichick decided to retire tomorrow, kraft will struggle just like any other owner to find the right coach to lead the Patriots. Same goes with york and the 49ers, they were terrible for many yesrs until he landed an unknown in Harbaugh and then he ended up firing him anyways.

None of these owners know a damn thing, all they have is money and they will continue to hire "experts" and take their advice on whos a good football coach.

Huizengha hired Saban and Jimmy Johnson, both were thought of as grand slam hirings. And it could have been, if they gave a damn about the Dolphins. They only cared about the $$$$.

So Ross isnt the problem.

12. Finster

Jul 27, 2013
    No, but he might get the point, the last thing he wants is to be hated by the fan base.

13. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    It terrifies me that people actually think this kind of thing will make a difference in this case.

:sidelol:

JDelenne likes this.
  14. Finster

Jul 27, 2013
    I think your right for the most part, but the one thing I worry about is that Ross is making too many decisions about this team, and seeing as he is football ignorant, by his own admission, even one football decision is too much.

I believe that he is the main reason Incog was run out of town, I believe he was the main reason Wallace is gone and Suh is here, I think that he thinks he can run any business because his business was successful, and Socrates talked about how stupid he thought those people were, and he was right.

15. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I don't think Ross is the problem. It's his team, and he can do as he pleases. He's spent money on big time players every year since Philbin has been here, minus the first season. He's signed off on risky moves that haven't worked out, but you can't tell me he doesn't care about winning. He generously gave Philbin four seasons to get something going. I thought it was ballsy, but also unique of him to take the same approach Jerry Jones did with Jason Garrett. It's obviously not working out, and I think he clearly knows this. I doubt he's sitting up in the skybox with a box of cracker jacks frantically digging for the prize while being completely oblivious to the actual game. He's aware of the situation, and I think he'll listen to what Tannebaum and Marino have to say from here on out.

16. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Since when is an owner suppose to be a football genius? Anytime an owner even thinks he is an expert it ends in disaster see All Davis, Dan Snyder and to some extent Jerry Jones. An owner is the bankroll for the team and in that regard Ross has proven to among the top owners in the league, shelling out millions for stadium upgrades, sport science initiatives and free agents.

17. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    He is an indirect problem. He retains ineffectual employees for much longer than he should.

That said, Ross won't sell the team unless it makes financial sense for him to do so, and even then he might not if he's having fun. I admire your passion, but it's a futile effort. A billboard or banner to let him know our thoughts about the coach he kept on for 2 years to long on the other hand could have some impact.

Serpico Jones and jaymoney like this.
  18. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Not signing anything, but hopefully Ross doesn't think playing in London gets us a superbowl bid?
    From that other clown Roger and also give up a true home game,

19. Finster

Jul 27, 2013
    A home game against a division rival...

20. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I took a closer look at this, and it's very well written. You put a lot of thought into it and should be commended. Even if it accomplishes nothing, I'll sign.

KeyFin likes this.
  21. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Obviously Ross is the main problem with this organization because he is the owner and therefore he has the final say over the hiring and firing of the head coach, GM, head of football operations, and everyone else in the front office.

So if the problem with this team is related to any of these positions, Ross is ultimately the person responsibility for hiring the individuals who are not getting the job done.

Unfortunately he isn't an elected owner. He actually is the person who paid the one billion dollars to purchase the franchise and is also the individual who is funding the renovation of the stadium. Therefore as the owner, a petition against him is totally useless. It's not like he can be voted out of ownership or have his ownership recalled.

Ross is the owner and will remain the owner until he dies or he decides on his own that he wants to sell the team. All we can hope for as long as he remains the owner is that he eventually gets it right when it comes to hiring a quality head coach and GM and that Tannebaum doesn't end up doing to the Dolphins what he did with the Jets,by leaving them in cap hell after a few years as their GM.

Unless Ross gets it right the next time, we can expect many more years of the same mediocrity or worse under his ownership.

cbrad likes this.
  22. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Exactly, and that's all I was going for here. Because if we know one thing about Ross, he's very high on other people's opinion before doing anything with the franchise. So why not let him know ours? That was my logic.

Finster likes this.
  23. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    The problem with Ross is he's not qualified to hire and fire gm's and coaches because he doesn't know anything about football and is an absentee owner that spends zero time at the facility. He should hire an expert to run his franchise for him, hopefully he'll give Tannenbaum that leeway.

24. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I sincerely appreciate that, and I did put a good bit of time into it not just to get my point across, but all Dolphin fans.

Sadly, I'm guessing most of the criticism is coming from those who didn't even look....everyone knows that Ross is not going to sell this team. Here's a little background- he's a Miami native that wasn't born into wealth. He made his money through real estate and always kept S Florida close, but moved up north because that's where the power players are. I'm sure that he does care for this team quite a bit and like us, he's a huge Fin fan. He's simply not involved though and defers to smarter football folks because that's what you do in the business world...so he applies that here as well.

But honestly, I think he sees the same problems that we do and he's being talked out of making the right decisions. But that's how the game is played at the executive levels; you build alliances and defend them over loyalty. And these "advisors" do not have loyalty to the Miami Dolphins; it's an easy paycheck that they'd collect from any team that came asking.

Here's the thing though- Ross certainly does not think he's the problem...which in turn makes him the biggest problem of all. When your team consistently comes out flat, commits dumb penalties and makes ample mistakes, they're simply not into the game. That's a coaching issue, and Ross needs to see that for what it is. But he has so much faith in Philbin because he's such a great person that he's not coming down hard when he should be, and that my friends is why 2015 will likely be a total repeat of last season. Great play, horrible play....a solid November and then the collapse. None of this changes without Ross directly or indirectly changing it.

Again, thanks for reading and signing. I had a busy work day today but I'll be hitting the media channels tomorrow to try and get some momentum.

And one more thing- to the folks who say that this is a stupid idea or a waste of time. Running a business is 100% about taking risks, and most of the time you won't know if your efforts will pay off until well after you roll the dice. Will Ross ever read my letter? Maybe not, but he definitely wouldn't if someone didn't give it a try. So the way I see it, it's a very low risk/ high reward scenario to salvage the 2015 season. If it goes nowhere then I've lost nothing....but if Ross reads it and decides to take more involvement, then it's one of the best pieces of copy I've ever written.

Of course, that can't happen unless others see that as well.....and I think everyone here agrees with the points I made in the letter. You're not signing though because you see the risk as being too high...which is absolutely ridiculous given that we come here every single day and rant over how the team lets us down. If you believe in something then you need to support it; that lets you become a part of the solution instead a part of the problem. So don't shoot the messenger guys, because we're certainly on the same side here.

25. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Any kind of bad pub for Ross wouldn't hurt if there is someone lurking around out there making offers for the team.

26. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Ross is a Jet's fan. The Jet's weren't available so he bought the Dolphins because NFL teams are making big money for owners these days. I'm sure he finds owning a team amusing as well. He isn't a passionate Dolphin fan like us.

The people defending him because he spent money on the team and stadium are really naive. He invests in his product in order to make money. You have to keep up your brand in business or you get sacked.

Ross has been a horrific owner and is not deserving of even one supporter.

He should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. Where is there a lynch mob when you really need one?

27. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Yet another wasted season thanks to Ross

28. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Fail to see that. Huizenga was just as willing to spend on the team, and he was just as clueless when it came to the game. Ross and Wayne are like two peas in a pod.

29. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    As fans we have a voice. But you are an idiot if you think you can make your team do your bidding by creating a petition, flying a banner, starting a thread or calling into a radio show.

Sports franchises, their owners, the players, coaches and everyone in between are under constant scrutiny. They view fans as a whole as dumb and most of all, fickle. They learn very early to tune us out.

IMHO, Ross's biggest mistake was letting his desperate pursuit of Jim Harbaugh to replace Sparano go public. It ruined his reputation, and Ross has been overly supportive of an average Joe Philbin ever since. Not to mention that this team has been suffering since Saban from constant change.

I'm a Dolphins fan first and foremost, so I hope this team turns this season around.

But at the very least, I hope that Ross has rebuilt his reputation enough by showing such patience with Philbin, that he is able to lure the best coach available for the future.

30. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    We're complaining about our staff and meanwhile Will Davis has made two really nice plays tonight. The last one was against Antonio Brown.