1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peyton Speaks: Rebirth of Greatness

Discussion in '2011 GM League Forum' started by GISH, Feb 28, 2011.

1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Peyton Manning Interview Transcript 2/28/11

by ESPNEWS on February 28, 2011

On Monday unrestricted free agent quarterback Peyton Manning addressed the national media. Here is the transcript courtesy of ESPN.

On the public bid by the Vikings…
    “I haven’t been aware of it. It’s obviously has been a busy week and we're just now hearing of it. It’s a generous offer. I wasn’t aware of it. I don’t really have a response for you.”

[​IMG]

On why he hates playing against the Packers…
    “Those are you’re words as far as saying hate. It’s really about the Bears. The Packers have different players and are a different team. I played (the Bears) in the Super Bowl and they are as good as they advertise. They are excellent from a scheme standpoint and I think player-wise, they are better than they were when we beat them. They’ve added some really good players and from the film I’ve seen so far I'd be more worried about them than anyone. They are playing really well on defense. Statistically, they are ranked high in all the categories so it’s going to be a tough challenge. I was once mauled by a Bear, so playing them twice a year would not be ideal by any means.”

[​IMG]

On how the Colts have handled this situation…
    “I don’t know what the whole behind the scenes process has been. When you trade away a handful of key players and weapons, it's a bit counter-productive. It’s not a part of the normal routine from the franchise's standpoint. There are examples from this sort of scenario to look at and they have been pretty consistent up until this point. They have extended lots of different players, but I still think offensively, it’s still about the players that you have. They had good players and that’s what allowed their defense to do some of the things that they do because they have so much confidence in the abilities of their offense and they should. But not anymore it seems. Without Reggie (Wayne) and Dallas (Clark) life will be a lot more difficult for everyone.”

[​IMG]

On the difference between the Vikings and Titans as potential landing spots…
    “I’m still making those determinations. There’s still plenty to study. They both have incredible runningbacks. They can make big plays for the offense. They can get you in a lot of short downs and distances. I think the Titans have made more effort toward catering to my specific needs. Like I said, the addition of some new players, has made them even better I think.”

On his desired salary…
    “It’s hard to pinpoint one particular pay rate and say that's the number. I think we have a number in mind. We have a little bit more of a need for the right fit than for the right number of zeros. At the end of the day, I think the right team will make the right offer. At that moment, we'll see the rebirth of greatness.”

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Well done. :lol:

Should have Photoshopped Manning fighting the bear from this commercial, though.

[video=youtube;84bBzAxLXFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84bBzAxLXFY[/video]

GISH likes this.
  3. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    LMAOOOOO @ the Bears pic....

GISH likes this.