1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PFF: Dolphins blitzed lots, good at blitzes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Disgustipate, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/04/07/team-blitzing/

In summary, at least. Kevin Coyle is much maligned, and I think in one place he did particularly well was designing pressure packages. He was pretty creative overall working out of double A-gap packages. An improved Dion Jordan might make a pretty big difference in this regard too with the incredible amount of stuff he is capable of doing in passing down packages.

2. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I think it's also pretty noteworthy Miami was #10 in PRP without the blitz. An improved Dion Jordan will go a long way there to I'd imagine.

3. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Not just from a pressure standpoint, but Jordan's coverage ability could help by covering up check downs to TE's.

4. Canad-phin

Canad-phin Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    If we would put Dion at Solb and let him blitz and cover from there he changes our entire defense. Thy should be figuring that out, if they don't they should all be fired

5. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Holy cow... AZ blitzed a lot...

6. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I would not have guessed that we ranked in the top in both with and without the blitz. Hopefully, we can turn some more of those hurries into sacks next year. I agree that Jordan developing can only help add to those numbers, and although I know a lot of you disagree, Ellerbe and Wheeler should be more comfortable in the scheme too, leading them to perform better.