1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PFF interview with Bess

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DOLBET, Apr 19, 2011.

1. DOLBET

DOLBET Active Member

Jan 10, 2009
    SW: Many people have the perception that you’re a slot receiver, but when you look at the snap numbers you really line up all over the field. You lined up 25% of the time at each spot on the field (outside right, slot left, etc.). Do you have any preference?

DB: I’m happy you mentioned that. A lot of people like the media or the fans on Twitter following me are constantly commenting saying, “you’re the best slot receiver in the league” or “you’re the best slot-this… slot-that” and if I’m not mistaken, it seemed like I lined up outside just as much as I did in the slot. With that being said, I’m a football player and wherever my coaches need me, I’m going to play. Whether it’s in the backfield, outside or in the slot, I’m willing to do whatever.

2. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Gotta love having a guy like Bess on the team. Earned his way on, and he's not going anywhere.

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Bess is one of my favorite players on the team, but he is a slot receiver primarily. As a #2 he's the kind you look to upgrade, but as a slot he could potentially be the best in the league.

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Love this guy. Pretty sure as the season gets closer, Bess is the next phins jersey I get for myself. He can join the club with Marino, Williams, and Long.

5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I love Bess. I think his value as a chain mover on 3rd down is irreplaceable. However, I'd like to see another capable body at WR to give us the versatility to move our receivers around without Bess having to play outside. And if we're in long situations, it'd be nice to have a WR who can get upfield faster.

6. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Ugh. Bess is a nice player, but let's stop w/ this best this-best that stuff. When he starts drawing doubles consistently, creating space for other receivers, making a BIG PLAY every now and then, fine. But until then, let's keep the anointing oil in the bottle.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Bess is awesome.

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I am going to call him Belker.(Black Welker)

ToddsPhins likes this.