1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PFF Re-Focus -- Miami @ Atlanta

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinFan1968, Aug 9, 2014.

1. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

PFF had some stats that kinda back-up what many of us saw.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/08/09/refo-dolphins-falcons-preseason-week-1/

2. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Fist pump Philbin likes it. Nice to see some real emotion from him.

[​IMG]

Larry Little and Silverphin like this.
  3. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Obviously Photoshopped.

Notice the exuberance, fist, and muscle tension....yeah right.

4. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Got tazed in the act of pointing to something?

Ophinerated and bigbry like this.
  5. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Cool stuff, thanks. Confirms a lot of what we thought...Will Davis really stood out, as did Fede. Will Davis is havinga hell of a week. Maybe the proverbial 'light' has gone on for him?? Really surprised by how he and Fede played last night with live bullets. Good stuff.

And yeah with James I mean this is what you signed up for: solid pass pro but not much in the run game. Same goes for Branden Albert. This team is going to struggle to run the ball. I think they take their chances a bit more in pass pro and roll with Shelley Smith and Billy Turner. Can't risk or afford the run game being THAT weak.

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Let's hope the passing game opens up the running game.

7. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Tannehill had his shoes untied.

8. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    A lot of the grades agreed with my notes on the review.

The caveat I would make to JaWuan James grade is that he had an easy time of things in pass pro. They actually sent a fair amount of help his direction in the form of chip blocks, making things easier on him. Then there's the fact the Falcons have bad pass rushers. Even the first string belong as most teams second string. So given that, what I wanted to see was stronger run blocking. But a lot of snaps he was the weak link.

Billy turner's grade is telling. He was a 0.0 if you exclude the false start penalty. That's about how I had him. He did a lot of good, some bad, but overall looked physically compelling.

And Shelley Smith at LEFT guard looked very good. He should be starting there.

9. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    After JuWuan James consistently facing Wake in practice... facing the Falcons pass rushers probably felt like a walk in the park in comparison, lol...

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Wrote that in the game thread before the game started, I think his increments of improvement are easy to predict..he's got a lot of skill and intelligence, in his case I think it's all about some exp first, then his confidence comes, of course a year later he should have more than he had last year, it's about adjusting your inner clock to the timing and level of play from college, to pro practice, to pro practice, to preseason, from bad preseason to good preseason..I saw three passes defensed, legit..

11. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    the grades for the backups are encouraging, when was the last time backups outperformed our starters ?