1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PFF: What's wrong with my team? Miami Dolphins edition

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Clark Kent, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Chris Collinsworth breaks down the biggest issues w/Miami (video)
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/01/video-whats-wrong-with-my-team-dolphins-edition/

Cliffs:

Defense:
    - Ndamukong Suh isn't to blame for Miami's struggles on defense. Currently ranks 5th in PFF grades. He's doing his job, but....
    - Cameron Wake's production has fallen off a cliff. At this time last season, Wake had 80% more QB disruptions. CC cites his injury as the reason.

Offense:
    - Interior pressure is crushing Tannehill. Ranks 31st/37th QB. Off to worst start of his career.
    - Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglas rank bottom 5 for G's.
    - Combined, DT and JD have given up a combined 28 hits, hurries, and sacks. Lead the NFL "by a lot."

My thoughts:

Pretty obvious stuff for the most part. I'd also include the misuse of Suh schematically, giving limitations to his ability to impact the game, regardless of whether or not he's doing his job well and PFF grade. Obviously, there isn't much to be done about Wake ATM. Thank god for an early bye week... Never thought I'd be saying that in 2015.

As for the offense, also pretty obvious stuff. I'm not sure why Tannehill is graded so low. Week 1 wasn't a great game for him, but he made plenty of good throws and limited mistakes, even with a few potential turnovers were luckily avoided. In week 2, he played much better. How many drives did penalties kill? How many first downs taken away? Week 3 saw a bunch of turnovers, only one of which was really his fault, IMO. Even still, that final INT of the game was caused by pressure. The potential for Tannehill to have a great season is still there as far as his ability is concerned, IMO.

Obviously, the G situation is the scariest of all. We can't make any meaningful roster moves at this point. Passing on Evan Mathis during the off-season was ridiculous. Everyone at Miami HQ should of known better. Dallas Thomas looked like hot garbage all off-season and Douglas and Turner didn't look much better. Speaking of Turner, Miami should obviously turn to him sooner rather than later. It can't hurt given how bad the G play has been. Kind of shocking he didn't get the job from the get go tbh, as I think he played better/is better than either current starter.

dolfan22 likes this.
  2. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Pff can suck it....

They had Aaron Rodgers with a negative overall grade thru last week. They don't know d-ck.

3. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    No mention of Brice McCain or Walt Aikens? They must be part owners, or sources for PFF.