1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PFT 2015 Season Projections

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by khat, Sep 8, 2015.

1. khat

khat Active Member

Aug 9, 2008
  2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The national press seems to be treating us pretty fairly this year. Many have us pegged around 10-6 and a WC. First time in a while we aren't being undervalued.

3. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I think you have to thank Suh for a good amount of the respect from the media. He's an elite player and a household name, and we haven't proven anything on the field in who knows how long.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I hope our coach tells them they aint sh%%.

Agua likes this.
  5. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    does anyone really listen to joe q?

LBsFinest likes this.
  6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The way I see it is Suh will be good for 2 W's and the WR upgrades for 1 more then last year. I could easily see us in the AFC CG vs Baltimore. Earlier this offseason Harvard said we were the most complete team in the AFC a full 15% above the Cheatriots. http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/07/22/dolphins-best-team-in-the-afc-according-to-harvard-analysis/

Now I dont think it will be as easy as Harvard made it sound but I do think we could be a team that wins 12-13 games with this schedule if things break right. Can Brent Grimes stave off Father Time for one more year? Can we find enough DB help even if he does? Will the Guard play finally work itself out in a positive way? Tannehill takes the next step? Can Cameron stay on the field for a change now that he has a QB who hopefully wont get him killed? There are a few things we need to align for us but I think every team has 4-5 major questions they need answered at this time of year.

For one our schedule is softer then Charmin early in the year. There needs to be, at minimum a 5-1 start, especially because those last 11 offer no real cupcake games. I could see us losing the Jets OR Bills game. No reason to lose both since theyre basically clones of each other (Great D, decent weapons, awful Qb play). If we lose to Washington, Houston, Tennessee, or Jacksonville, Ill be ticked. For arguments sake lets just say we lose 1 of those games to the Jets or Bills. Then Oct 29 we play the Pats 4 days after the Texans. I have us losing this game because of where it falls and the quick uptick in level of competition from the Texans to the Pats. We have 5 games on this schedule that are huge in terms of the projected level of competition....2 vs NE, Dallas, Baltimore, and Philly. Got to get at least 2 of those though 3 would make me feel better.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Seems to me the Dolphins always win one or two games against teams that no one thinks they can win and then lose 3 to teams they should beat. Then lose a bunch of close games.

Boik14 and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    needs to get them angry so figure it out Joe..Thats what good coaches do, they figure out how to reach their guys to play to their potential.

9. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    agreed. my hope is that Suh upgrades this defense + Tannehill's improved weaponry where we can now eek out those close games

10. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    It does and that's one of the things that needs to change. It's also a lot to do with talent. We added an elite player in Suh, a player who could be pro bowl caliber when he stays healthy in Cameron, and a player that has won and knows the offense in Jennings. Part of signing a player like Suh and to a lesser extent Jennings is veteran leadership and the ways they help change the culture surrounding the team.