1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PFW Whispers

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Jun 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    alen1 likes this.
  2. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    We will probably be looking for a WR in trade or one that is released.

3. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    There will be some very serviceable WRs after the rosters are trimmed down, hopefully we're not desparate enough to trade anything for one.

4. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    John, are you kidding me? The starting receivers are a punt returner and Ernest Wilford? I think Ginn should be in the slot and if anything Hagan should be starting opposite Wilford. Lord help Beck or Henne. And they say the Jets are going to be a running team. :eek:

It should go like this:

Ronnie: 15-20 carries
    Ricky: 10-15 carries
    3rd string back??: 5-10 carries
    Beck or Henne: 10 passes a game :wink2:

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Derek Hagan will step up, he was serivcable last season, but then again, last year I doubt that even a All pro Wr could have done very much for us, our Qb play was just inconsistent to allow any Wr to succeed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Greg Cammarillo a bit more playing time, he really came on last season.

6. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I expect nothing out of Hagan. Inconsistent and he still drops a lot of passes. He's done nothing to instill any confidence from me to this point. Plus, Robeiski said the guy was not focused on football.

I honestly think Camarillo will make the team if he gets a fair shake.

alen1, Fin Fan In Cali and DOLPHAN1 like this.
  7. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

If Hagen's problem is not being focused on football, either Parcells will wake the kid up and he becomes the WR we all thought he could be, or he is outta here! (Hagen of course!)

8. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah, keepi thinking Ted Ginn is nothing more than a returner.

9. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    We need to improve in this area. Camarillo like Muck said could be a help as well. If JT is traded there could be a WR in the package. Perhaps Bess makes the team. I am not a Hagan fan at all. BP/JI will definitely be watching what happens in Dallas as well. I think WR, secondary, and DL will be addressed in next years draft bro.

10. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Hagan better step up, but I'm not counting on it. He has to get over his catching the football phobia before I can feel comfortable with him playing an important role on this team. I think the top 3 WR's will be Wilford, Ginn and either Bess or a player that we acquire via trade or waivers. We have a very thin group at WR and Hagan will more than likely find himself in Parcells and Co. doghouse because nothing upsets the Tuna more than a player with ability who can't put it together. Paul Soliai should also take note of that.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  11. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

We're going to run the ball. A lot.

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Didn't one of Cameron's staff members last year recommend for Hagan to get married and mature or something? Has he done that yet because things don't look good for him. When it said that the Dolphins were pushing for Perry to push Hagan for the three spot, I think that signaled that this could be the last straw for Hagan.

I really liked him in college and I thought he would be an outstanding player but he has been the complete opposite it seems. Hopefully he can get married and get laid or something, maybe it will help him catch a damn ball.

Nice read btw.

13. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    :lol:

There was something said last year about him maturing, not necessarily that marriage would be a quick fix solution, just that he needs to get his priorities in order and grow up.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol I recall marriage being stated , not sure if the staff member was being sarcastic or not but it was all about maturity and how it would help his game develop.

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No Wr has been "good" for the Dolphins in a very long time, our Qb play has been that shoddy, Hagan has shown flashes of what he can do, he also was not a starter until late last season after the Chambers Trade, and even then we had Cleo Lemon targeting mainly M. Booker, not exactly the Wr to make the secondary play off of the Wr.

16. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro I believe you mean M. Booker.:wink2:

17. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Yeah, marriage was mentioned but the person who posted it went overboard by emphasizing that comment. It was more about him just needing to mature in general. :wink2:

alen1 likes this.
  18. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I disagree, even though he was an underachiever I thought that Chambers played better than "good" or "average". And it was just one year ago that Wes Welker made Miami fans fall in love with his "do anything to make a catch" style of play while putting up some really good numbers. Hagan on the otherhand hasn't done much of anything except make my hairline receed. :lol:

I do agree that the QB play has been horrible, but that doesn't mean that the WR play has been bad as well. :wink2:

19. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Bro, you are on the ball, I edited that post as soon as I posted it, so fast it doesn't even show up as edited....you Sir, are the MAN....:hi5:

Terry Robieskie on his way out the door made the comment that Derek Hagan was too concerned about things like rims and cars and that getting married would focus his football responsibilities.

I would agree with Robieskie if his track record of developing Wr wasn't lined with so much paucity of results, Hagan or Ginn or even M Booker or Chambers never really developed into consistent ball catching Wr for us, we haven't had a "good" hands starting Wr since OJ McDuffies's toe went bad forcing him to retire.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  20. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And it took Wes Welker how many years to develop into that All Pro slot Wr we see today? Chambers never developed that consistency either, none of Wr really have.

IMO part of that is really poor Qb play and Oline play, part of it was scheme, and part of it was lack of inherent desire to improve, Welker was a hard worker, don't know about the other guys, and M. Booker moved in reverse last season.

21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Ooo ok lol, thanks bro :hi5:

22. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Wes really wasn't used as a WR until last year and then he was shipped off to NE where he had a much better supporting cast. Chambers was inconsistent and he would make one spectacular play only to miss the next 2, but he was still better than alot of WR's in the league. I think his mistakes have overshadowed his play, but he was definitely a good WR for us. He wasn't TO, Moss or Ocho, but he was better than people give him credit for.

There's no doubt that our WR's in general are in the bottom 3rd of the league for a very good reason, but some individuals did stand out over the past few years.

I also agree that QB and OL play contributed to the lack of passing attack and so did the offense that we ran. Some players were just completely unmotivated, I think it was ck that pointed out that Booker was just going through the motions at the end of the season and would run right to the bench. Hopefully that will all change and Ginn will be properly utilized. :yes: