Phil Simms: Miami just a pretty tough team

7 replies

JIjim1New MemberOP
Jan 3, 2009, 01:07 PM

“Besides the Giants and Tennessee, who I see being the best in their conferences, everybody else is pretty close in my mind,” Simms said. “Miami is intriguing. They have a couple of ingredients you like. A veteran quarterback, and what I would call overall just a pretty tough team.

“That word ‘tough’ is thrown around a lot in football, but the Dolphins are for real tough. When you go to pick a fight with somebody you want to pick somebody who’s afraid to lose. Miami is not afraid to lose and that makes them tough.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2009/01/03/simms_miami_just_a_pretty_toug.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins

STStrazNew Member
Jan 3, 2009, 01:09 PM

Miami really is a tough team. They play with a lot of passion each week, and i think that reflects a lot about Sprano. He really gets this team motivated week in and week out. Just the overall attitude of the players this year compared to last year is tremendous in my mind.

305TillIDie305TillIDieNew Member
Jan 3, 2009, 02:18 PM

"Straz wrote:

Miami really is a tough team. They play with a lot of passion each week, and i think that reflects a lot about Sprano. He really gets this team motivated week in and week out. Just the overall attitude of the players this year compared to last year is tremendous in my mind.

Thats what I love about Tony's team. They are pretty much a clone on the field of him.

PMZQPMZQNew Member
Jan 4, 2009, 04:52 AM

"305TillIDie wrote:

Thats what I love about Tony's team. They are pretty much a clone on the field of him.

I couldn't agree more. Teams really are reflective of the Head Coach's personality.

pennphinfanpennphinfanForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 04:56 AM

8 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooot! man i am so pumped for this game. what a team to prove our toughness against, the baltimore ravens, widely considered the 'toughest' in the nfl. lets do it!

PMZQPMZQNew Member
Jan 4, 2009, 05:10 AM

"pennphinfan wrote:

8 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooot! man i am so pumped for this game. what a team to prove our toughness against, the baltimore ravens, widely considered the 'toughest' in the nfl. lets do it!

I'm so stoked I woke up at 3am and can't get back to sleep !!! :hi5:

SpringveldtSpringveldtForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 06:06 AM

"PMZQ wrote:

I'm so stoked I woke up at 3am and can't get back to sleep !!! :hi5:

I've just woke up as well, although it is 11am here. :)
I was up until 4:45am though watching the Chargers v Colts game. Interesting that both home teams won yesterday even although all the pundits picked the away team. Let's hope the same continues today and the fans are really loud.

mullinganmullinganForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 06:12 AM

I got up at 5A.M. here in Tennesse. Haven't been able to sleep for an hour so just got up. Only 7 hours until game time!!! LETS GO PHINS!!!!

Eternal Optimist. I thank God for the good things in my life. My wife, My Family, and the Miami Dolphins:up: