1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phil Simms on the Tuna

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mi2cents, Mar 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mi2cents

mi2cents New Member

phil simms said during a interview on ESPN-sports centry show, "when we were playing real well as a team, [Parcells] was real miserable because he needs friction, He lives on that friction. He needs adversity, and he's got to have a spat going with a player. If there's no adversity, he'll create it."

http://sports.jrank.org/pages/3622/Parcells-Bill.html

If what phil simms said has any validity...and given the fact that as of last year there was a ready made one for him in the form of Jason Taylor and the Dancing with the Stars drama (T.O. prior to this in dallas)...and given that this is a slow time for football fanatics, i thought it would be interesting to open this thread up to Phin Members to speculate that if Simms quote is to be believed.....what real or manufactured adversity could spring up to make the Tuna a "happy camper" to instill fear or to forward his gospel of football to the Dolphin Organization and team. I know that the members here have such great imaginations that one of you will come up with the crisis or friction that will make bill parcells a very happy man besides winning.
    :arabia: and your prediction is.................

FFiC....does this qualify....lol....j/k

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Parcells coached Simms in the 80's. 20 years can change a man. He could have been like that but who knows what he is like now. He is also in a different position now than he has ever been before.

If you want to read a good book by Phil Simms read "Sunday Morning Quarterback".

3. mi2cents

mi2cents New Member

your right ....he's older...but wheather he's toned down like coughlin seems to have is unknown. He's not the coach this time around but does that change his M.O.
    i have way of knowing...just a question

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

you have a way of knowing?

i think since he is VP of football operations the least thing he would want would be to purposely create conflict with any part of his team.

I can see the HC doing it to his players to get a fire lit under their *** but from this position that he holds now I would be surprised.

I could be wrong though.

5. mi2cents

mi2cents New Member

you could be correct....but what about JT last year....bill was in the same position last year as this year

6. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    As a coach I can see the rationale for creating friction. A bit of seige mentality and us against the world and all that. Internal friction is also a good way for the HC to be showing that he's the boss and you have to do things his way. Not an approach I'd take but there is logic in it.

As VP of Operations there isn't a need to create friction as his job is to get everybody in the boat rowing in the same direction. Certainly if something like JT and the Dancing with the Stars and demands to be traded happen he can take that opportunity and escalate the situation in order to send a point to the rest of the team.