1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philip Rivers abandons San Diego for Florida

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by texanphinatic, Jan 19, 2020.

1. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-san-diego-signaling-possible-split-chargers

Seems like he and the Chargers are done. This could lead to 2 events - locking in San Diego's need for a high quality passer in the draft and making Rivers available. Personally, I hope we stay away, he's just not the kind of guy we need. He does make a lot of sense for the Bucs and Jags though. Gruden's raiders would be intriguing as well.

But for us, assuming we pass on Rivers: The Free Agent, is whether San Diego starts making noise like they want Tua and want to move up. I think our best scenario has Herbert and Love blowing up the offseason, leaving them as legit choices and persuading other teams to sit back.

danmarino likes this.
  2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I have hated Rivers, both on and off the field, since his freshman year at NC St. One of my most disliked players ever.

3. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I like the guy. lol...Why don't you like him?

4. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I have strongly hated both his passing motion and his personality since his freshman year in college. The guy rubs me like sandpaper on an open wound. In the 20 years that he's been a public figure, every interview I see gives the strong impression that he's the type of person that I have the most difficulty dealing with in life.

texanphinatic likes this.
  5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    He's a redass of the highest order, but unlike a guy like Brees, doesn't seem to motivate. He does give off the aura of just being a massive dick. He's also a choke artist too.

Anyway, it does seem like the Buccos are making a serious play for his services and aren't at all married to Winston. This would likely mean that San Diego will look heavily at passers as well as the availability of moving up ahead of us. On the positive side, Herbert is killing it at the Senior Bowl, so maybe they think he is worth staying put and keeping their second rounder (which is ahead of ours iirc) for.

6. Conka

Conka Member

Oct 12, 2019
    Lol