1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philosophy differences between Miami, N.E.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by joeydolfan, Mar 11, 2009.

1. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp.../philosophy-differences-between-miami-ne.html

Pretty hard to argue either way which approach works best. NE has had plenty of success doing it their way in the past, but last year they were deficient in DBs and looked to the draft so Mando is off on the article to a certain point.

I prefer building through the draft with younger guys. Pittsburgh has had great success that way.

2. Jimi

Jimi Active Member

Jan 17, 2009
    I dont think this is a fair comparisson. Omar is comparing one team who has been loaded with talent for years, and our team who just last year got out of the gutter. Naturally it will be easier for the Pats to fill up their team needs.

joeydolfan likes this.
  3. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Exactly, why not make the comparison when we the current front office has 3 or 4 drafts under their belt to replenish the talent. Again, the Pats went into last years draft with a depleted or aging Defensive Secondary and Linebacking group as well.

There is a reason they were 30th in the league on 3rd and 10.

4. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I find myself agreeing with Armando ...

must ... resist ... assimilation.

joeydolfan likes this.
  5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Indy beats everyone at building through the draft. They dont sign free agents. They just dont.

EDIT: I think Saturday and Vinateri are the only 2 starters they didnt draft.

joeydolfan and gafinfan like this.
  6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I could be wrong but I believe Saturday was a UDFA pickup for them.

joeydolfan likes this.
  7. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    The Dolphins don't cheat, thats one little difference.

joeydolfan and azfinfanmang like this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Draft draft draft.. i would hate to be a patriot fan right now..i would'nt like all the unfamiliar faces from other teams trying to create chemistry in my teams uniforms.. theres really no connections between all these new players and their fans, that initself is the main reason why i love what we have been doing...I think sparano has the type of charisma and respect that one day he will be able to bring in some guys that may have been washed up in their old towns, but have the ability to refocus the player.

I do have to say this...Belicek can get away with this but he is one of the few that can..it does'nt matter who you are or where your from, he demands the players respect and they all start with a clean slate in his eyes..hes a great coach like it or not.

joeydolfan likes this.
  9. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I agree, as his ability to reap from the scrap heap, has been historical.

..and yet, it would be interesting to see him try to repeat out of his realm,
    and take on the adversity of a perennial struggler, a team like Detroit, and raise a contender atop that infamous foundation, long since buried under years of ash.

joeydolfan likes this.
  10. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Actually,
    Take a step BACK in history and you see it.
    Before Tom Brady, Billicheat was an EXTREMELY mediocre coach at best.
    In 5 years as Cleveland Head Coach, he had 1 winning season, and the others werent even close.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Belicheck

joeydolfan likes this.