1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phins' enviable QB situation also among most intriguing

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jun 4, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Dolphins' enviable QB situation also among NFL's most intriguing
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810a0dc0&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Good read...

Miami Dolphins: Chad Henne on what he's learned
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...-dolphins-chad-henne-on-what-hes-learned.html

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The FO has done a phenomenal job of creating a stable of talent at one of, if not the most important position on the football field. The article does a good job of illustrating what an absolute horrible position we were in at QB last season and what a position of strength it quickly became for us.

I'm extremely excited to see what Henne can do for the Dolphins, but I'm in no hurry to see it as long as Chad can keep playing at the level he did in 2008.

Sceeto likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    As of now, its chads job to lose.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    we have become extremely competitive through out our game

I believe the Pennington Renaissance was no fluke & will continue
    especially in light of the Pat White addition & WildCat potential to eat into playing time
    sparing Pennington from some of the slings & arrows of the NFL pass rush

anyway you look @ it we appear to be on top of it for the first time since the Shula Era

Looking forward with great expectations to 2009
    the AFC is jam-packed with talent but the road to the Championship comes through Miami
    There will be blood!:yes:

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Not since Dan the Man left us have we been this well positioned at the QB position. No more giving away 2nd round draft choices in desperation for guys who can't play! :up:

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Amen to that! Friend PhinsRock

7. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    Anyone think if Penny does as well at game managment as he did last year, he gets a contract extension?

8. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I think he should. I don't know if he does.

9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I think he has to repeat everything he did last year & improve on it to win the contract & start for 2010.
    Will the Pennington Renaissance continue? we will know by game four. Both contract & start are in his hands.
    I believe we will see an improved Chad Pennington take the field in 2009 & drive the Franchise to another Championship. :yes:

10. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i don't think Chad can 'lose' the starting job ... not with this FO and what they look for in a QB. Henne can come out and win it though ... not sure what it would take for that to happen, but i just don't see it happening this year.

the 23rd likes this.