1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phins might have alot of trade partners

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bonedoc7777, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Guys the way the QB'S are going down this year and with the fact that a couple of guys are coming out like brennan and brohm, if beck can play there are going to be quite a few teams with QB needs that may want to trade up, the problem is if one of these guys is a pro bowler we need to draft another QB, also there was an article in the PFT a week or so ago about jerry jones wanting mcfadden in the worst way,

2. billsfaninpeace

billsfaninpeace New Member

Dec 4, 2007

Actually there are a good number of QBs coming out in this years draft.

Ryan
    Brohm
    Woodson
    Henne
    Brennan

Then you have leading the next group

Ainge
    Keller
    Dixon

3. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Which is the nub of our problem. There isn't a Peyton Manning who is head and shoulders above all the other possible candidates.

4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    But than again, Manning wasn't head over shoulders over Ryan leaf was he?

One never know's.

5. Nublar7

Nublar7 Senior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I agree that we will likely have a lot of trade partners, but it won't be for QBs, it will be for McFadden. With the Pats likely picking #2, people are going to most likely have to either trade with them or us to get him. McFadden won't make it past #2 overall, which is going to get teams trading up. We could hit the jockpot in getting additional draft picks.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    There never is a dominate player when we have a high draft pick Pauly.

AFAIK, the QB class has faded this year, the Brohm's and Woodson's and Ryan's have slipped.

7. Pauly

Nov 29, 2007
    True, but from what I heard Indy thought the decision was clear cut. Although the scout in Indy will always say that to make themselves look good.

Ryan Leaf is the text book example of why scouts should evaluate all of a player's college career, not get seduced by one good year and some nice measurables.

8. Carabinieri44

Carabinieri44 New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    dennix dixon will never play in the nfl as a QB, toooooooooo small. and unless Chase Daniel has Drew Brees talent, i doubt he will too.

i say we give Beck another 1-2 years, if he doesnt work...we draft Tim Tebow. the guy has it all....Peyton Manning arm and decision making, Michael Vick speed, amazing.

9. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

A couple of quick points;
    The Pats are drafting 2-3 thanks to the 49ers absolutely sucking. The Pats really don't have a true stud number no 1 back. Darren McFadden might be their answer.

Enter the Cowboys, complete with Jerry Jones man-crush on D. McFadden. The Cowboys have in drafts picks and under achieving players to make a deal.

Do the Pats want D McFadden? Enough to trade their entire draft?
    Do the 'Boys sell out and satisfy Jerry's man-crush?

10. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    And yet, they're 12-0 without an elite running back. Somehow, I don't think Belichick and Pioli are going to prioritize RB over getting young at LB.

With the rise of Marion Barber, the idea of Dallas trading up for McFadden is a fantasy at this point. Besides, their two first round picks are dangerously low: Cleveland has a good shot at making the playoffs as a wild card, putting their draft pick in the 19-24 range, and Dallas has a very good shot at drafting at #31.

I wouldn't trade with Dallas. We'd fall too far in the first round and miss on the true premium talent available this year.

11. namor

namor New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Just a question....Would you take Mcfadden and trade RB for Dallas's Clev.
    1st rounder?

12. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah, there seems to be a buzz about NE and them being in position to take McFadden. As you stated they're proving they don't need a dominant running game to win. So why would they feel the need to pay the king's ransom that McFadden is going to demand? I see them trying to trade down in order to reload that aging defense. As you've also stated they're going to want a LB. They're also going to most likely want to draft a CB. I doubt they'll pay Samuels what he's going to ask for. I can see him wanting an 80 mil contract.

13. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    No. Both of Dallas' picks are too low. There's some premium talent this year, and trading down too low will put us out of their range. Yes, the players we'd take with the Cleveland pick and the Dallas pick would be much cheaper, but they also wouldn't help us the way the top 5 or 6 players would.

A good argument can be made that, if Dallas proposes a trade like that, we should accept simply due to the amount of holes on this team. But at the same time, if you don't fill the holes with the right people, what good are you truly doing?

14. lbmclean_sj

lbmclean_sj New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    if the team picking 2nd doesn't need a RB then we will be screwed as far as a Mcfadden trade down goes

15. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Normally, it'd look like a good draft to rebuild upon since there's candidates at RB and QB. Unfortunately, we have Ronnie at RB already and so far, tied ourselves to Beck. The QB's out there aren't really top 3 but solid top 10's, which is a real shame they didn't pop up last year (as in Brohm's case)

16. Pauly

Nov 29, 2007
    If Jerry Jones has a crush on McFadden, why would he trade with us when he could trade with the Patsies? There isn't much of a logical reason for us to take McFadden and the Patsies don't have to worry about getting perfect value on the trade.

17. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

The logical thing is for the Phins to draft Darren McFadden and trade trade his right just like the SD Charger did with Eli Manning.

If McFadden is truly the stud the media has made him out to be, somebody will jump.

It's a game of don't blink. This what great GM does. Mueller could earn his paycheck for a year if he pulls off this scenario

18. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    I agree. Everyone knows that we will not take a QB with the #1 overall pick.

19. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007

Because the very last thing Jerry Jones (or any other owner/GM) would want is to give the Pats even more weapons by allowing them to stockpile picks. The way this season is going, it might even be a blessing to have the Pats pick at #2 - they'll have a hard time finding a trade partner and some other team (Jets?) might not like the prospect of them getting McFadden to boot.

Still, we're talking about a running back here. They don't tend to be the hottest commodity come draft day. See Adrian Peterson for a point in case. The best case scenario has one QB (Ryan?) seeing his stock rise in a similar way Vince Young did and a team (Atlanta?) falling in love with him. We still wouldn't get full value for that #1 pick (I don't see a Manning trade happening; there's simply no Manning), but might pick up a 2nd or a future 1st if our asking price isn't too high. Like 2004, we're likely going to be in a market that's almost devoid of buyers.

20. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    i would love to see us trade down and get USF cb Mike Jenkins

21. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

The Bungels could use McFadden, plus Chad Johnson wants out.