1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phins offseason an A-

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mullingan, Jul 30, 2008.

1. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Interesting. Fair grade imo. Hopefully all these draft picks pan out. It says "if not immediately better" with all these young guys. I think our only way to go is up with that horrific season we had last year.

3. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    The Falcons, San Diego, Jets , and Miami are all A-? He might be off with grading all of them as A-.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Not sure about the Falcons and Jets but San Diego added pieces to an already good team. They added more LB depth with Derek Smith. I think since they didn't have many needs and still decided to add players, it may be worth an A- for them. Or this guy may be a Charger fan lol.

5. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Jets I would say A+ for now, but itll be interesting when it all goes down in flames. :evil:

alen1 likes this.
  6. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    The Falcons and San Diego are the ones that really suprised me. I would say that the Jets had a real good draft and offseason to improve, but they still have a real quandry at QB like us. We had a good draft and offseason but we have a lot of issues still. I still think he was grading on a curve.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree.

I guess it may depend on how the team looks at it. SD may think they had a great off-season with the reasons listed in my previous post but we may disagree. As for the Falcons, I am clueless. Maybe because they got rid of Petrino, whiny, overrated Hall and others? Its a pretty good start to their rebuilding plan but A - ?

8. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    San Diego did pretty good no doubt. Atlanta did nothing to shore up their Offensive line and spent their money on Michael Turner and Matt Ryan, while leaving the Defense in trouble as well. I see another shell shocked David Carr 2.0 in Ryan's future. They'll be one of the teams I see being way worse off than we are this year.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Atlanta I believe added Sam Baker to their O-Line via draft. Aside from his addition, I don't recall them signing anybody either. I'm not sure on Ryan. I think he could be a solid QB in this league. I still like Brian Brohm more than him. Still trying to figure out how Brohm goes from a top five pick to a second rounder in one year.

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

This is nice, but lets see it on the field...in games...that'll be the real answer as to how successful this offseason has been...