Phins to be featured on NFLN's Path to the Draft show.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Volin was the only rational moment.

I hold Jeremiah in as high a regard as I do Todd McShay ... 0.

They are so myopic and have no imagination. I think they are probably right that Miami would love one of the OTs - but I don't think any of the 3 make it past 7. Trading up to there or higher would be too costly, imo, and why would Arizona trade down?

But, all they can think of is Rhodes as the only other option at 12? (they are so unimaginative). And, then nothing in the 2nd or 3rd round?

This is the problem with such shows, they only talk about superficial stuff.

Even Volin had to point out that Brent Grimes was a significant signing (they only had WR, TE and the two LBs as the off-season signings to start).

These guys are getting so irritating. They have such a group think.

vizi0n and ToddPhin like this.
  2. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    Even after Hurricane Wilma I had DTV back in a couple of days as I called to get someone out to realign it just before the worst part of the storm. I was watching DTV with generator power but I never missed any Dolphin games :yes:

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Yeah, , like mommabilly, I've had Direct TV since 1998, back when you had to install your own dish. Had my tiny studio apt in Bloomington on a graduate stipend, took out a student loan so I could get DirectTV and have been 100% happy ever since. I've never had a single bad experience. They are coming by this weekend to install my Genie whole-home DVR, can't wait.

4. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    You're just mad they didnt mention Tavon Austin first :tongue2:

5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Ya know, most draft pundits have Austin closer to #20 than 12....

GMJohnson likes this.
  6. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Didn't know that, actually. Thanks for the info. I'm trying to take a wake me when it's over approach to the draft but it's not working. I just want a good player, preferably at a core position. I think a WR at 12 made a lot more sense before we signed three of them in FA, plus Keller. Kinda feel like guys are setting themselves up for a disappointment.

smahtaz and Stringer Bell like this.
  7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    So is Alex Marvez, that didnt keep him from doing a decent job.

8. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    That ruins 3 days of a perfectly good beer drinking occasion. :p

9. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    It's a bit funny how some of you cats are getting so worked up about this. Don't put so much stock into this stuff. It's all speculation. No one really knows s--t. I mean, I'm just a fiend for any national Phins coverage. It's better than hearing about the Jets or something. Lomabardi was really solid. He's definitely missed there in a big way. Mayock is also really good, but he too is not on the show as much as he used to be. It is what it is, sometimes good, sometimes bad. It's the same with ESPN or any other channel that has to cover all of the teams in a limited time frame. They mentioned taking a Tackle. Wow, So has just about every other national and local sports media outlet. Considering it's a position of need and the team hasn't yet addressed it in FA and it's a good class for Olinemen, it's not really all that farfetched. Wait, they also mentioned Austin and Eifert. They and many other also mentioned the possibility of it being a CB. Wow. Many mocks have us taking a CB, Rhodes or Trufant. Rhodes may not be as good a fit for the scheme, but he is one of the top CBs. I mean, who else didn't they mention that you wanted them to mention? It was also pretty cool to hear them give Tanne some love by saying he would be the first QB taken if he was in this draft. Yes, of course one can come to this site and find more in depth analysis of certain players, but the show can only allocate a limited portion of the show to focus on the Phins. They're national and they have to do some bits on a lot of teams or else their ratings would tank. You want them to do an in depth analysis of our first four rounds? LOL! In fifteen or twenty minutes? Hey, if nothing else, we got to see the new logo flashed on TV next to the team's name. :) It also gives us something to b--ch about for a bit and you that's something we all really need.:)

The G Man likes this.
  10. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Paragraphs would be nice.

Fin D likes this.
  11. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Same here.... I also have to chuckle at what some people will claim as a "nightmare experience".

12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I don't know how anyone can equate those two. McShay is a media creation. Jeremiah was actually employed by an NFL team as a college scout. I hold the opinion of the latter in far higher regard personally.

Sceeto likes this.
  13. DPlus47

DPlus47 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Direc TV sucks. If you don't have any real problems, they're fine. For example, if your receiver dies or whatever, there isn't a problem.

However, if you experience a real problem--and I'm not talking about something that 3 free months of Starz can fix, but when a contractor destroys every TV in your house, for example--there's nobody at that company with any desire to help you at all. It doesn't matter how long you have been a customer, and it doesn't matter how many licensed contractors you get to tell them their installer is at fault.

In 2 years, if and when their exclusive NFL contract goes away, they're going to be just another lousy service provider. I used to love Direc TV, as well. Today, I wouldn't buy water from Direc TV if my house were on fire.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  14. MrClean

Same reaction I had. What a ridiculous 3 choices.

15. MrClean

What did the contractor do to destroy your TVs?

16. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Sometimes??????? If he is not being spoonfed what he is supposed to say to keep from getting up to his tukkis in trouble... he would make a mute person seem loquacious!