Phins vs Pats

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    McDaniel said he has already started making progress through the protocol so he may not even miss a game. He may not even have a concussion.

2. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Actually Brad, I don’t believe you’re 100% accurate there. I have a decent drive to and from work. To kill time, I watch a lot of YouTube on the Dolphins.

A lot of McDaniel’s schemes play off on Hill and Waddle. Depending on the coverage, Tua goes to Hill or Waddle, depending on who’s open. It’s not so much that Tua depends on Hill and Waddle…it’s McDaniels’s schemes that depend on Hill and Waddle.

I’ll post a specific one if I can find one.

resnor likes this.
  3. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    I didn’t know that the Lincoln Lawyer posted here!

resnor and Springveldt like this.
  4. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Huh?

5. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Your post makes it sound like you have someone driving you to work since you watch YouTube on the drive. Either that or you are a complete menace on the roads. :smile:

Fishhead and resnor like this.
  6. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Lol. I set the phone on the dash, set cruise control and sit back and watch

dolphin25 likes this.
  7. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Geez, y'all... It can be fun to talk trash but if the other team wins, accept it and go home. It's just a game.

N.H. man died after being punched at Patriots game on Sunday, witness says
    • Updated: Sep. 19, 2023, 3:53 p.m.|
    • Published: Sep. 18, 2023, 6:57 p.m.
    By Luis Fieldman | lfieldman@masslive.com

The New Hampshire man who died after Sunday night’s Patriots game was punched in the face, fell to the ground and never regained consciousness, according to a witness at Gillette Stadium.

Fifty-three-year-old Dale Mooney of Newmarket, New Hampshire, died after an incident in the 300s tier of the stadium during the game on Sept. 17, according to the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office on Monday.

While the incident remains under investigation, a spectator told MassLive he saw the physical altercation that happened between Mooney and a Dolphins fan.

There was bickering back and forth throughout the game between one section of the crowd and another, and towards the end of the fourth quarter, he noticed Mooney in a physical altercation with other spectators, according to Joey Kilmartin, of Nashua, New Hampshire.

“The Dolphins fan walks over and clearly punches him in the face,” Kilmartin said. “(He) gets knocked out and you can tell right away he’s not OK.”

Mooney never got back up and EMTs arrived to perform CPR, according to Kilmartin, who later gave his account to Foxborough police.

“It’s an unfortunate situation,” he said. “I feel bad for the family.”

MassLive reviewed a video of the physical altercation recorded by Kilmartin at Gillette Stadium on Sunday night.

Mooney’s wife, Lisa, told WCVB that her husband was a ticket holder for 30 years and a father of two.

“I want to know what happened. What caused this?” she told the outlet. “I just don’t understand why people have to go to that extreme. Why can’t it just be fun? That’s all it’s supposed to be, a fun family event.”

No charges have been filed as of Monday per the district attorney’s office. Kilmartin said he witnessed police take one man into custody.

An autopsy is scheduled to take place in the coming days.

https://www.masslive.com/news/2023/...-at-patriots-game-on-sunday-witness-says.html

8. FinFaninBuffalo

FinFaninBuffalo Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    They gave not been on the field together nearly as much this season. Last I saw it was < 50% of the time.

9. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    LOL.

Meanwhile in the real world:

upload_2023-9-19_17-15-49.png

upload_2023-9-19_17-16-12.png

Csonka Marino and PickleRick like this.
  10. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Blake Ferguson retrieving the balls before somebody else can get them.

11. Fishhead

Sep 29, 2016
    That’s really messed up. That guy will be arrested and charged with manslaughter.

OwesOwn614 likes this.
  12. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    They performed CPR trying to save the guy. It's possible he had a heart attack and it wasn't a direct result of being punched. I'm not defending the Miami fan but we need to see the cause of death before giving him his prison sentence.

13. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Someone hasn't posted since 5:00 on Sunday.

14. Fishhead

Sep 29, 2016

It’s certainly possible, but it’s also possible the prosecution will argue that cardiac arrest was caused by the assault. Regardless, it’s a tragic situation and (my guess) probably fueled by alcohol.

15. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    It's fueled by stupidity. I've been to so many stadiums around the country and never had a problem. If you're looking for a problem you can find one thought. That's not to say that there aren't jack arses out there that try and provoke people into something. There's good natured ribbing and then theirs downright disrespect. People throwing things at other fans need to be dealt with harshly and immediately (ejection). I did see so many instances where security let things go and it just snowballed from there. I used to go to a lot of Raiders games when they were in the colosseum and when they played the Chargers in San Diego. It was almost a thing to get into it with the other teams fans. I always wore my Dolphins jersey and never had a problem. Even in Oakland everyone was cool. I think if your looking for trouble and taunting the other teams fans especially at their home field.

dolphin25 likes this.
  16. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    There was a hold on AVG that was not called on a critical play in the game. Totally obvious and it was totally ignored.

17. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    If guy hits his head it is game over. It does say they see the guy being physical with other people.

18. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    It turns out that neither the punch nor the subsequent fall killed the Pats fan. They haven't said what it was, but he died of a medical event, not a traumatic injury.

Patriots fan's death after 'scuffle' at Gillette Stadium didn't suggest traumatic injury: DA
    Dale Mooney, 53, was a 30-year Patriots season ticket holder.

ByEmily Shapiro
    September 20, 2023, 10:33 AM

told Boston ABC affiliate WCVB that Mooney "basically grabbed another fan. ... They started tussling around for a few minutes. At one point, another fan walked over. He punched him ... and [Mooney] just went out."

"It was pretty hard to watch," Kilmartin said.

Mooney's cause and manner of death are "undetermined pending further testing," the district attorney's office said Wednesday.

Mooney's wife, Lisa Mooney, told WCVB, "I want to know what happened. ... What caused this?"

Prosecutors said Wednesday that the investigation is ongoing. Prosecutors urged any witnesses or fans with video of the incident to call investigators at 781-830-4990.

Gillette Stadium officials said in a statement, "We are heartbroken to learn of the tragic passing of Dale Mooney, a lifelong Patriots fans and 30-year season ticket member."

"We continue to work with local authorities to assist them with their ongoing investigation," stadium officials said. "We extend our sincerest sympathies and heartfelt condolences to Dale’s family and to all those who are mourning his loss."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/patriots-...ette-stadium-investigation/story?id=103311487

19. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    I noticed that during the game as well and thought it was odd but figured maybe the new punter had a preference on which ball they used.

dolphin25 likes this.
  20. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    You watch youtube while driving to and from work?

21. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    LOL @ Mac Jones

firedan and Tuanon4Life like this.
  22. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Take it easy on Flores's boy

23. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Mostly listen

24. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    That outta teach him.

25. Fishhead

Sep 29, 2016

A whole five grand? Jeez, how will the guy eat this week?

OwesOwn614 likes this.
  26. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    You know, giving this some thought...

If a player is fined for an illegal hit, unnecessary roughness, et al and said hit results in a player being ruled out for the following game, shouldn't that fine be equal to the hit player's game-day salary...and paid TO said player?

I think that would be quite the incentive to avoid those dirty hits.

Thoughts?

OwesOwn614 and resnor like this.
  27. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yes, I agree.

ALSO, if it's a dirty hit THAT IS PENALIZED, AND the player is injured, then the penalized player should ALSO have to sit out every game that the injured player misses.

It's really the only way to prevent dirty hits.

OwesOwn614 likes this.
  28. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I get where you’re going with that but the league does have a suspension policy in place for such instances.

I just with the appeals process by the union pertained only to that player in regards to salary, not whether or not he plays.

Always drives me nuts; the league suspends player for x games, union appeals suspension and player still gets to play until appeal is finalized.

Bunk that. Player gets suspended, he doesn’t play. If union appeals and wins appeal, player receives salary he would have otherwise lost.

I know it doesn’t work that way but in TDKs world, it would.

29. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    I've long felt this way. I think it should apply in all sports. If a basketball player throws a punch and a player misses time, the player who slugged him should miss game action (even if they pay him). If a hockey player slashes an opponent and causes an egregious injury, make the slasher sit out. In MLB, if a player beans an opponent or cleats somebody (although this doesn't happen anymore), he should be suspended. And targeting in the NFL should result in time off the field.

But the unions wouldn't go for it, even though it would protect their members. Make it make sense.

resnor likes this.