1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink Floyd member Richard Wright dies age 65

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Sep 15, 2008.

1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

LONDON - Richard Wright, a founding member of the rock group Pink Floyd, died Monday. He was 65.

Pink Floyd's spokesman Doug Wright, who is not related to the artist, said Wright died after a battle with cancer at his home in Britain. He says the band member's family did not want to give more details about his death.

Wright met Pink Floyd members Roger Waters and Nick Mason in college and joined their early band, Sigma 6. Along with the late Syd Barrett, the four formed Pink Floyd in 1965.

The group's jazz-infused rock and drug-laced multimedia "happenings" made them darlings of the London psychedelic scene, and their 1967 album, "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn," was a hit.

In the early days of Pink Floyd, Wright, along with Barrett, was seen as the group's dominant musical force. The London-born musician and son of a biochemist wrote songs and sang.

Pink Floyd member Richard Wright dies age 65 - Yahoo! News

2. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    RIP....

Always been a fan of their music.
    Great stuff to relax and inspire deep thoughts about life, direction and motivations.

3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Pink Floyd was always one of my favorites, its sad a scary seeing all these people die that I grew up listening to, man am I getting old!

Coral Reefer likes this.
  4. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Love Pink Floyd, sad to see one of the originals go. RIP.

5. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    RIP..one of the only bands i like..their music was made for drugs