1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PINK it's the color of passion

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by late again, Oct 8, 2009.

1. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    First of all I want to say I applaud the NFL for supporting breast cancer awareness month But it may surprise everyone to know that the idea actually originated from DeAngelo WIlliams!
    ....."Several players around the league wore pink over the weekend to raise awareness for breast cancer and it turns out the whole thing stemmed from RB DeAngelo Williams’ idea.
    Williams petitioned the league this past off-season to allow players to wear pink cleats – dress code rules strictly prohibit players from wearing anything but black and white – and the league accepted his idea.
    “It means something to a lot of people affected by it,” said Williams, who will be wearing pink cleats on Sunday vs. Washington. “Families and the people actually affected by it. Nothing is stronger than wearing pink on the thing that keeps you going in the National Football League and that's your cleats.
    “Because if you don't have a firm foot in the ground you're going to slip. I made a suggestion to the league, well to Riley (Fields) and Riley took it to the league and they OK'd it.”
    Williams has three aunts who died of breast cancer and his mother is a breast cancer survivor.".....
    http://carolinagrowl.com/index.php?...-time-williams-thinking-pink&catid=1:articles

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    living here in charlotte nc.....deangelo is all-world man. hes a fantastic running back and a real good person with a good head on his shoulders......he deserves all the success he gets in his career.

now the panthers need to get him a QB !!!!

late again, Silverphin and Jt0323 like this.
  3. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Chad Pennington's next team, perhaps?.......

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

heresy :lol:

5. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    There may be a couple thugs in the league, but there are a hell've alot more classy people than we know.

People that don't follow football say the NFL is a bunch of thugs, thiefs, drugs, but when I ask them to name those players, they can only come up with 1 or 2. Not bad when there are 1500 players or so in this great league.

dolphindebby likes this.
  6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    well its sad this story doesnt get more press.....but you best believe if deangelo punched his wife, or got arrested it would be all over everything.......this society is sick sometimes.

7. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    You know; you're right. The media seems to delight in a story that lets them thoroughly trash someone for a prolonged period of time. At times to the extent that it's nothing more than piling on, in fact.
    But they're not nearly so quick to shower accolades on an equal basis.
    For instance; everyone.... I mean EVERYONE knows Micheal Vick is a dirtbag. But how many people know that Warrick Dunn has helped about a hundred single parents buy homes. Or that he organized an effort that raised 5 mil in contributions to help families affected by Hurricane Katrina.
    We are a sick society that seems to almost revel in others' misfortunes and misdeeds. And then are apathetic towards people doing things the right way.

GISH and SICK like this.
  8. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

sometimes?

man think about it. how many people are murdered on a given day. then how many shows are on during a given day about how those murders are solved. between the actual murders and the shows like CSI solving murders we're obsessive about the down and dirty.

then think about how many people cheat themselves, their families, their friends, etc.

the hole goes far..

ugh man i agree with you. that's what i'm trying to say :lol:

SICK likes this.