1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioli

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by GARDENHEAD, Jan 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I really hope this guy takes the Browns or KC job.

The Superbowl loss was the beginning of the end for the Patriots run (note I did not use the word "Dynasty"). Losing Pioli would be quite a blow. Hopefully he's a goner.

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I will never count out the Patriots until Belichick is gone. Every time I pick against that team or something goes wrong, they still prevail.

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    True that, though Id be interested to see him without Pioli behind him. Would see just whos making some of the moves.

I hope Pioli goes to Detroit personally :up: If I were them, why not go for the trifecta in Pioli, McDaniels (Pats OC) and Cassell? Seems a good start to me. I know BB coaches havent done that well outside of NE, but I think this one is a bit better than the others.

4. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I agree, to a certain extent. I wouldn't pick against Brady/Bellichek, cause every time I do, I get burned.

I don't think anyone really knows the division of labor between Pioli and Bellichek when it comes to talent evaluation. However, they will be hurt in some capacity if he leaves, right?

5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Really?

Think about this:

How good of a coach would Sparano appear to be without the incredible moves that Ireland and Parcells made?

I mean, they didnt give a second round pick for a third string QB, but there's always next year :wink2:

I think a HUGE part of the success that NE has had is directly attributed to Pioli.
    Little by little, that success is being diluted and eroded away. Pretty soon its just gonna be he with mammath Man-boobs in his hoody, dejected and at the bottom of the division....
    Remember, he didnt start his career with NE, only his winning. I suggest going and looking at his track-record prior to Pioli. It is not even mediocre :up: