1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pittsburgh vs. Ajayi

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    NFL posted this tweet and it got me thinking...

Aside from the fact that after years of following the Dolphins it's hard to believe we might actually have genuine talent in Ajayi...

Watching what happens with Ajayi in this game is going to be interesting.
    We know that the Steelers are going to plan to stop Ajayi, especially after he ran all over them last game.
    However, we also know that the Bills said the same thing after Ajayi had similarly run through them - but he did it again anyway.

Now, the Bills aren't the Steelers. Pittsburgh are a far superior team and so it's impossible to say that they will fail in the same way Buffalo did.

Still, what we saw in Buffalo was that the depleted OL, with Matt Moore at the helm, was still able to support Ajayi in running against a team planning to stop him. That at least is reason for curiosity if not hope.

If the Dolphins can pull it off again, and Ajayi can find the will and the way to smash the Pittsburgh defensive line, this game is going to be far closer than any Vegas betting lines might suggest.

I'm reticent to give any Dolphins fans undue hope, or even myself, but darn it... it just won't go away.

Here's to hoping Ajayi, Drake and the Dolphins OL end up slamming the Steelers like cheap screen doors in a Florida hurricane.

Go Phins!

danmarino, Colmax and SocaCasualuk like this.
  2. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Pitt's run defense has been phenomenal during their 6 game streak, including stopping the Bills to about 67 yards. Clev racked up some yardage last week, but I am not sure if they benched players. If they didn't, maybe they knew they had the #3 seed locked. Point is , I am not sure if after a great run on the run defense, if Clev was an anomaly or the start of bad habits. I would like to see more Drake, esp on third downs...speaking of which, we need to get into 3rd and manageable

3. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

4. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    The Steelers did definitely bench a number of starters on offense. Not sure about defense.

5. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

6. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    We know that the Pitt defense will come with a little extra this weekend after what happened to them the first time around.

The question for me is how are Albert and Tunsil feeling? Especially the latter. We need them to play out of their minds, especially since Pouncey isn't there for this game.

7. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

Finster likes this.
  8. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    We held the Bills to 67 yards rushing the first game we played them.

9. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It's the media's job to tell us we're going to lose. It's the coach's job to tell players that this will be the hardest fight they've ever been in. It's the owner's job to say that he's proud of the team no matter what.

As a fan, what's your job? It's to support your team. It's to believe in them.

I realize that I post some overly-positive stuff here at times, but that's exactly what fans are supposed to do. I honestly can't understand the jerks here who keep posting about how our team sucks, they don't have a chance, etc...why are they even pretending to be fans in the first place? To actually be a fan, you have to support your team. And I just don't see much of that here anymore.

That's not directed at you Galant- only to your comment that we shouldn't have hope. Hope is THE ONLY THING we have every season.

10. Superself

Superself Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    New Jersey
    What was their excuse the week before when Baltimore ran for 122 yards and avg 4.7 ypc on them?

11. Delfin Alejandro

Delfin Alejandro Premier League Champs

Dec 12, 2008
    And they told us TRUMP would not happen...