1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planet of the Apes Prequel Announced

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by maynard, May 21, 2010.

1. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    pretty cool

The "Planet of The Apes" series is reportedly getting an origin story with James Franco .

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.accesshollywood.com/james-franco-goes-ape

A mag source said James had a great meeting with director Rupert Wyatt over the weekend about the movie, that will be set in the present day and chronicle how genetic engineering gave the animals intelligence. The actor will reportedly play an important scientist in the midst of the war between man and ape.

The effects team WETA Digital, who wowed moviegoers with their work on "Avatar," will reportedly use photo-realistic apes and not actors in costumes for the movie.

NaboCane likes this.
  2. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Fingers crossed.

3. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    yeah but i have to say that if its at least as good (or bad) as the one in 2001, i will fine with it. i actually really didnt mind it, though it seems a lot of other people didnt like it

4. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Tuesday on Bio there's a show on the behind-the-scenes stuff from the movies; looks interesting.

maynard likes this.
  5. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I read one critique that it was "overblown" and I really didn't understand why. I thought that they presented a really good model for what an ape-ruled world would look like. The actor who played the villain was really good and together with really excellent costuming made a realistic hostile, intelligent, and articulate chimpanzee.

maynard likes this.
  6. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I liked the 2001 remake. I don't think the prequel will be as good since it wont have Estella Warren.:no:

Seriously it will be interesting to see where they go with the story. Also it's said they are using the special effects studio run by Peter Jackson. This could be a very good movie.

7. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i have no idea who rupert wyatt is

by the sound of the plot, it seems like it is geared for multiple movies. i can see this sort of battle for the earth to be told over 2 or 3 movies.

i suppose the apes could rapidly evolve, though it use flash fowards

james franco isnt too bad i guess