1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plax rumor? Confirm please.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NolePhin, May 31, 2009.

1. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    This is just hearsay but i heard that Plaxico Burress is supposed to meet with Parcells this week or something. I haven't seen anything on it on the forums, and I just heard about this. I don't have a source which is why im posting it on here to ask you guys if you've heard anything about this.

Silverphin likes this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

There was a rumor about it a week or more ago saying that "he'd love to play here" but two things have me thinking this won't happen.

1) his trial hasn't even happened yet and he might not be able to see the field come that time
    2) does he fit the parcells & co. character issue? you could say v. davis might have some, but will he shoot himself in the leg concealing a deadly weapon illegally?

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    1. Though he is the right style of WR we need, Plax has issues and an impending trial.
    2. Tom Coughlin was Bill Parcells's former WR coach and has been angry with Plax on numerous occasions.
    3. We have enough players with investigations involving guns.

4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    PhinsRock, NolePhin and anlgp like this.
  5. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    No.
    All around.

6. NolePhin

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    Apparently this was talked about on Sports Extra on the local news channel. I agree though, even if Plax does meet with Parcells, his legal matters still haven't been solved. All we know about Plax is that he is a great receiver, and he is going through some legal matters at the moment.

I hear ya on the character issues, but hey Randy Starks just got into some trouble a week ago now?

Bottom line, I have complete faith in our FO, and for the first time in a very long time. That is all a fan can really ask for as far as that goes.

7. NolePhin

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    Thanks for the link Rocky, obviously I did not read that article. Oh well, doesn't bother me one way or the other. Like I said, I have complete faith in our organization especially in the FO.

Silverphin likes this.
  8. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    If it was said on Sports Xtra, then it was probably during the Drews' Views (Drew Rosenhaus) segment.

Drew is Burress' agent.

9. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Drew himself shot it down last night on his segment.
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-125/Agent-not-talking-to-Dolphins-about-Burress.html

10. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

No, no, no

11. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Okay, this thread doesn't deserve the one star rating.