1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play Action passing with my son.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SCall13, May 17, 2009.

1. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

This is a video of me practicing play action passing fakes and passing with my son at my sister's place. She's nice enough to allow me to use her yard since I live in an apartment and have no room unless I go to a park or the field. This is when he was 8 years old. He's 9 now and heading into his fourth football season starting at the end of July. Just thought I'd share with you guys and gals. Video credit goes to my sister. What a camera woman she is!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SiMfpXp7JI"]YouTube - Play action passing[/ame]

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

looking good man.

few more and the timing will really come together and he'll be able to hit you on an out route without you having to stop :up:

he sold the fake, big time.

SCall13 likes this.
  3. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

He actually has really good timing. Thing is, I didn't tell him I was running the out. I was sort of winging it so I could see if he would set his feet right when I changed things up on him. He's really improved even more on the fakes sense this video. I practice him like crazy. But he loves it.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

cool :up:

yeah maybe if you get two more people you could line up two WRs and one DB and show him how to look off coverages next :D

5. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

Well, actually we talk about that a lot. He knows how to look off the safety. That's the most important thing at his age level. But I still teach him how to read coverages. He's picking it up slowly but surely. Understanding coverages is pretty complex, so obviously he doesn't have it down to a science. But it is amazing how much he already understands. NOW, putting it into game situations is the next step. But he won't see that until probably middle school.

anlgp likes this.