1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Players help out stranded high school team

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    While the Dolphins have been displaced this week and are practicing in Southern California, the Miami Central High football team found itself stranded in Las Vegas after their return flight was canceled because of Hurricane Irma. Dolphins players were informed of the situation and a group of them, including Kenny Stills, Ndamukong Suh, Jarvis Landry, Reshad Jones, DeVante Parker and Laremy Tunsil, pitched in for an extended stay at a hotel in Vegas until the group of approximately 70 players, coaches and administrators can fly back home Thursday and Friday. The four Dolphins players also split the bill for transportation to pick up members of the Central High group at the airport and drop them off at school. “It’s a hard thing for them to have a game and then a hurricane stopped them and they didn't have transportation. So it takes them back. So I just wanted to give back and help them out. When I was younger I would have been scared. I just want to help them.”

Puka-head and Dolphin North like this.
  2. Dolphin North

Dolphin North Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I like stories like this. Nice gesture, Dolphins players!