1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing The Game At The One Yard Line

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Southbeach, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    It was something to watch. Int on the one, another int on the one, fumble for a TD at the one, fourth down stop at the one, our fumble at the one. Did I miss any? NEVER, EVER saw anything like it.

I've watched a ton of football, over many a year, and this was a first.

Anyone recall anything even close?

MikeHoncho likes this.
  2. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Yeah. Gotta keep those front page slots open for all the chicken little, Henning/Henne basher, and why aren't we scoring 30 pts a game threads...

SICK likes this.
  3. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :tongue2:

GMJohnson likes this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    then dont click the threads! we have plenty of great mods.....dont need "fan safety patrols" roaming around bringing nothing to the thread but policing.

Get over it.

As for the original poster.....no i have never seen anything like that, it shows our great coaching, and preperation....and imo the will of our players when it matters the most.

Too many times we have seen our defense give up when they are that far down because "they have ap, they will score anyways"

not this defense.

They have the mentality of winners. And they will lead us far!!!

dolphindebby and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

No thread for YOU!

Pandarilla likes this.
  6. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Why cant a poster post something that only takes 10 seconds to write. This is a message board designed to bring forth topics to discuss, and no where does it state in the TOS that there is a minimum character requirement to post. (actually I think you have to have 5 characters for a post to be accepted, but you get my point).

If you think one of those other threads needs to be on the front page, then post in it and keep it active. One of the reasons I rarely post is because of this exact attitude that if you dont have a three page prose written it isnt a quality opinion.

As for south, I like this new mentality has taken. Thats why when everyone is looking for nicknames for this D, I think the "bend but dont break D" is appropriate

7. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Thanks. A friend labeled this D "The Perfect Storm." In all due respect to your's, I REALLY like that name.

8. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Wait, are you saying you like "The perfect storm" or "bend but don't break"

9. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    B/c there are a TON of members on this forum, and it's not fair to the one's who DO spend the time researching etc their OP to have theirs prematurely pushed to the 2nd page b/c 1 member wants to throw out multiple 10 second threads daily. Have you seen one of CK's threads/posts? He sometimes puts hours into them so that we get some amazing information. He doesn't have to do that for us. If we start having too many random, quick OP's like this, then guys like CK will be more inclined to stay posting in the Club Level where the quality is higher. I'm not saying all OP's have to be research pieces either, but I can say first hand that it's discouraging when you DO spend a lot of time on an OP only to see it prematurely booted to the 2nd page.

I'm fine with a member "periodically" having a short opening post b/c he feels it could lead to quality conversation. However, I do disagree if a member does it constantly. I also have zero problem if it's a 10 second post if it contains news info, updates, links, etc. IMO there's a difference.

10. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    "THE PERFECT STORM" sounds better to me.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    the more I think about it, the more pissed off I get at Ronnie and Ricky for those fumble's...pretty damn peculiar that ronnie fumbled in the exact same scenario as his best friend Ricky..

Has this bromance gone to a new level?...lol.

seriously though, we need these two to take their game up a notch, those two plays show that at that point in the game, their heads were not right, and we dont have the history to be not freakin hungry on every play, and its definitly time for ronnie's pitch count to go up...

12. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

This forum is getting pretty outrageous. If the post isn't to your liking, either disagree or don't come in. Why is it necessary to say something negative about the poster. I know I've had some choice words for some posts and let it slide or tempered it. Except for that one time, and that other time, and all those times....you know what, carry on. But watch for the mods. Besides, all of us, except PS17, Wagon Circler, and Revis Island are dolphins fans. It's a shame that we treat two of those three way better than we do each other.

13. FinFan_Est.1984

FinFan_Est.1984 Get Aggressive!!!

Jan 6, 2008
    So. Calif.
    I love the way this season has started.

1st we go on the road to a division rival although a weak one, but one none the less and totally dominate them. That builds confidence.

2nd we go to a place where no one has won in the last year or two against a HOF QB and arguably the best RB in the NFL Adrian Peterson and we stop them with INTs and goal line stops.

Again that builds confidence and because of the opponent now swagger is added into the mix.

Now they come home with this identity before the home crowd to defend their den.

If this continues into weeks two and three we will have a nasty, mean, confident, bunch of wolves ready to devour any offense that comes their way.

djphinfan and Pandarilla like this.
  14. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Can we all just drop this? If a thread is 10 words or 10,000 it stays, or is moved, by poster response. nothing more, nothing less. Over, done, next.

I hear Dolphin football is a MUCH better topic of conversation, no matter how long or short it is. :)