1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playoff Probabilities - Check - its your move

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 2socks, Oct 31, 2016.

1. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Ladies and Gentlemen;

Been a while since I have been on here. Stayed away because I tend to most of the time be on the negative side of things - I am not tooting my horn but I am usually right in the long run. And I suspect this post will be no different.

So we have brought in the guy who's name I cant get right (LOL) -------- Gace or Gase - whatever. Looking at where the team is and the remaining games at hand I was able to find a analytics site that ranks probability of playoff appearances for this year (2016). I was not surprised at what I found:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html

with the probability of Miami making the playoffs at 17% only halfway thru the season, and 2% winning the division, what is the next move??

I think it is safe to say the Tannehill experiment is coming to a close - I would think it would be wise to try and move Tannehill asap to maximize his value - even before the end of the season. So where does that leave us Dolfans? there are not two many QB's coming out next year that will be worth a **** - so are the Dolphins is a perpetual wheel spin mode??

Been watching the NFL channel quite a bit and I cant help notice the love they have for the NE Patriots. When trying to compare the two franchises it becomes so apparent Miami is so far off from that level that it is virtually impossible to even try and make a comparison. With New England again surging and the Bills coming on it appears Adam Gase has his work cut out for him.

Offensive line has been better then in the past , Ajayi has been a pleasant surprise and caused me to have flashbacks of Ricky caring the rock. But with no Franchise QB - There is a giant hole - a giant hole that will take several years to close.

So your Adam Gase --------check - its your move??????

Bpk likes this.
  2. btfu149

btfu149 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Have you not enjoyed the last two weeks where we outplayed one of the elite teams in the league, the Steelers and the team you just said was up and coming, the Bills (the Bills btw would likely be 3-4 like us if they played even a Patriots team with a non broken thumbed Brisset)? There is no way we dump Tannehill now, you don't dump your starting QB even if the chance of making the playoffs are only roughly 1/6 like this link says. I'm not saying we will make the playoffs but we do have a pretty friendly schedule the rest of the way, there's no giving up now.

3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Here is what makes the patriots better....they draft for the future. What I mean is they know whos contract is coming up and what that players value is worth. They just traded, arguably, their best defensive player, but they don't worry because they drafted his replacement a while ago and brought him up in their system. It's what they do.

They draft to prepare for the future, not fill holes because they need to. They realize Brady is getting up there in years, so they draft Garapolo to groom for a couple years in case they may need him. Too bad Tom isn't ready to go down, but they also knew Garapolo's contract is closing soon so they draft another guy this last draft. If Tommy's arm started to fall off, they have already had Garapolo in their system and he'd be ready (he proved it this year). If his arm doesn't fall off and he can still play, they can get rid of Garapolo for a draft pick and it's ok because they started grooming Brisett this year.

If I'm Gase, I see what kind of draft pick I could get for Tanny. If it's a 1st rounder, I take it. Thill has proven he can't go get a win, but he can be a good game manager (ala Alex Smith). There are more game managers in the NFL then guys like Brees who can put a team on their shoulders and win. So if my team is going to focus on a RB as the lead player, I would stick with a low price game manager as a QB.

4. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    There are two copies of this thread. They should probably be merged.

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I love her.

that is all.

6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

ever see the clip backstage at the oscar's where jack nicholson is hitting on her?

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Why do I keep getting posts deleted?

8. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Does she know you feel that way? If not, then it might change the dynamics a bit..........................to stalking for instance. :lol: