1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playoff Rivals in trouble?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Seems the other teams around us are reeling.
    Steelers-Lost 5 in a row to some of the worst teams in the league, no Polamalu. Enough said.

Texans-Reports are their coach may be fired, fans and media there are frustrated with him.

Titans-VY Aggravated his knee, is questionable. Chris Johnson also apparently didn't practice and is also questionable. Without VY and/or CJ they could lose sunday.

Jaguars-Should be more Phins fans in that stadium, so it's like an extra home game for Miami.

Patriots-Have lost 3 of 4, four players were sent home for being late including Moss and Adalius Thomas, Brady hasn't been practicing due to a rib injury. BB has been criticized by the local media and even players.

Jets-No Sanchez[though is that good or bad? I'd rather have the INT machine playing for them]

Dolphins the door has opened further, don't screw it up. I dont think theres anything with the ravens, but hopefully they lose one or two. Oh and here's an article on the Patriots drama, I know we all love that! http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spo...aveHyde-blog+(Dave+Hyde+|+Sun+Sentinel+blogs)

2. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Steelers are out. The Pats very well might be in. I am not too concerned with the Jets because of the division record. Miami wins this weekend, they're in the driver's seat. My only concern are the Ravens. I do not know the tie-breakers with them.....

3. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    We have to win out. I would like to see the Patriots lose one. That way we could go for the division.

4. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    The only teams that matter now are the Ravens, the Patriots, and the Dolphins in my opinion.

GISH likes this.
  5. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    OH and Mike Sims-Walker is nursing a calf injury, there's a chance he may not be playing against us on sunday.

6. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    You don't think the Texans, Jags, or Titans matter?

Denver could stumble and lose 3, though it's unlikely.

7. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Jags play us and the Colts at home and at New England. They lose at least two of those. The only way the seven loss teams matter is if we lose, but I don't think we'd have the best shot at getting in with seven losses. Houston probably isn't winning out, playing us and New England. Tennessee could, but they play us and San Diego. Denver's locked in I think, but I'm not sure about tie breakers. They'd have to lose to either KC or Oakland for them to lose 3.

8. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Using that little playoff generator, we need the Ravens to lose one game, and/or the Patriots to lose any of their final 3 games, a loss next week doesn't change anything.

AND we have to run the table.

That being said though, I think its totally possible

If other improbably tossups happen though I'm sure it will shake up that little set of scenarios. I.E dark horse playoff teams getting some unexpected wins

9. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    We're huge Bills fans next week. The Ralph better be loud, you know they wanna beat the Patriots in there, this is their best chance.

10. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    The game vs the steelers looks a little more favorable now than it did at the beginning of the year. We were hoping they clinched the div and would rest starters, now they might rest starters because their eliminated by the time they play us.

I agree with most, the pats, ravens and Jags are our biggest roadblocks. I'm not worries about the Ravens. And we can take care of the jags this week.

Once again in december, your upcomming game is the most important.

11. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Since we are going to beat all three of those teams, they dont matter.

12. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Hopefully the Steelers get their act together quickly. We're going to need them to knock off the Ravens in a couple of weeks.

That's the only game left on Baltimore's schedule where I could envision a loss.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I'll talk about everyone else's troubles once we're in the playoffs. 'till then, my mouth: sealed.