Playoff scenarios. And the only 4 teams that matter. (PIT - CIN game is huge)

97 replies

His'nBeatYour'nHis'nBeatYour'nNew MemberOP
Dec 15, 2013, 05:24 PM

The following scenarios are predicated on the dolphins winning the final 2, and finishing 10-6.

Remaining records of miami, baltimore, cincinnati and patriots.

Mia at buf
mia vs nyj

bal at det
bal vs ne
bal at cin

cin at pit
cin vs min
cin vs bal

ne at bal
ne vs buf

ravens lose any of their final 3 games and miami makes the playoffs.

Ravens win final 3 games and the bengals lose vs pit or min, miami makes the playoffs.

Ravens win final 3 games and the bills beat the patriots, the dolphins win the division.

Fantasy scenario: Dolphins get to 2 seed by the following.

Bal win final 3 or only lose to det,
(beating cin and ne)
cin loses to pit
ne loses to buf
ind loses 1 of final 3.

Or

ravens win final 3 games and dolphins get no help from the bills vikings or steelers, dolphins are out of the playoffs at 10-6.

Dolphins get in at 9-7 if the chargers win the final 3 and baltimore loses 1 of the final 3. Or the ravens lose 2 of the final 3.

SpeedySpeedyNew Member
Dec 15, 2013, 05:32 PM

Hoping PIT and DET win! I think BAL could lose or win all 3. They're tough to predict.

What about SD?

GO FINS! :marble:

invidinvidSupporter
Dec 15, 2013, 05:34 PM

"Speedy wrote:

Hoping PIT and DET win! I think BAL could lose or win all 3. They're tough to predict.What about SD?

They're done. But their winning could affect our chances if I got my playoff picture right.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2013, 05:36 PM

Let's go steelers. Steelers win tonight we get in.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

His'nBeatYour'nHis'nBeatYour'nNew Member
Dec 15, 2013, 05:38 PM

Sorry for the incomplete post.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Dec 15, 2013, 05:40 PM

"His'nBeatYour'n wrote:

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
if this isn't making sense
it doesn't make it lies

mods don't let members post drunk...

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2013, 05:41 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

Let's go steelers. Steelers win tonight we get in.

I dont get this, how does Steeler W help us?

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2013, 05:42 PM

Bengals then play ravens and one of them has to lose. We have to win our final two obviously.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

His'nBeatYour'nHis'nBeatYour'nNew Member
Dec 15, 2013, 05:42 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

mods don't let members post drunk...

Haha. Yup!

They shouldn't let them post via smart phone either.

2k52k5Forum Veteran
Dec 15, 2013, 05:43 PM

"Vinny Fins wrote:

I dont get this, how does Steeler W help us?

Bengals go to 9-5. If the Ravens win out, they are 10-6 and Bengals are 10-6 at best. Ravens take division, we beat Bengals for #6 on tiebreakers.

If Ravens don't win out, they are 9-7 at best meaning we are #6 at 10-6.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Dec 15, 2013, 05:43 PM

"His'nBeatYour'n wrote:

Haha. Yup!

They shouldn't let them post via smart phone either.

:lol: it's okay, you're getting there I think...

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

branbranNew Member
Dec 15, 2013, 05:44 PM

go pittsburgh :lol:

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

His'nBeatYour'nHis'nBeatYour'nNew Member
Dec 15, 2013, 05:45 PM

"Vinny Fins wrote:

I dont get this, how does Steeler W help us?

A Steelers win tonight plus the Dolphins winning the final 2 means the week 17 matchup between the Bengals and Ravens will be for the division. If the Ravens win, the Dolphins beat out the Bengals for the Wild Card, if the Bengals win, the Ravens would be at 9-7 at best.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
IF THIS ISN'T MAKING SENSE
IT DOESN'T MAKE IT LIES

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2013, 05:45 PM

"2k5 wrote:

Bengals go to 9-5. If the Ravens win out, they are 10-6 and Bengals are 10-6 at best. Ravens take division, we beat Bengals for #6 on tiebreakers.

If Ravens don't win out, they are 9-7 at best meaning we are #6 at 10-6.

Thanks for the explanation. I still feel dirty rooting for Pittsburgh

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Dec 15, 2013, 05:46 PM

"2k5 wrote:

Bengals go to 9-5. If the Ravens win out, they are 10-6 and Bengals are 10-6 at best. Ravens take division, we beat Bengals for #6 on tiebreakers.

If Ravens don't win out, they are 9-7 at best meaning we are #6 at 10-6.

that's the long and short of it, if the Steelers pull it out tonight, it really opens up our playoff chances. Although, the Buffalo game next week is now the biggest game of the year. We lost to them once already...now it's in their place.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Dec 15, 2013, 05:47 PM

"Vinny Fins wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. I still feel dirty rooting for Pittsburgh

It's only dirty the first time ;)

RoninFin4RoninFin4Supporter
Dec 15, 2013, 05:48 PM

"Vinny Fins wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. I still feel dirty rooting for Pittsburgh

Put it another way, where would you rather play in the wild-card round, Cincinnati or New England? I like Miami's odds going into Cincinnati better than going into New England for a playoff game. Plus, I can probably swipe tickets. :shifty:

@KevinMD4

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
Dec 15, 2013, 05:49 PM

"RoninFin4 wrote:

Put it another way, where would you rather play in the wild-card round, Cincinnati or New England? I like Miami's odds going into Cincinnati better than going into New England for a playoff game. Plus, I can probably swipe tickets. :shifty:

I think Cincinnati has a better team though. Of course it seems better to take your chances with Dalton in the postseason.

SpeedySpeedyNew Member
Dec 15, 2013, 05:49 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

that's the long and short of it, if the Steelers pull it out tonight, it really opens up our playoff chances. Although, the Buffalo game next week is now the biggest game of the year. We lost to them once already...now it's in their place.

True, but this is a much better team than the one that lost in week 7.

GO FINS! :marble:

His'nBeatYour'nHis'nBeatYour'nNew Member
Dec 15, 2013, 05:52 PM

I'm not delusional enough to believe that the Patriots drop their last 2,

HOWEVER

The Patriots go 0-2
The Bengals go 1-2
the Colts go 1-1

And the Dolphins would have the 2 Seed. It's fun to dream.

RoninFin4RoninFin4Supporter
Dec 15, 2013, 06:03 PM

"muscle979 wrote:

I think Cincinnati has a better team though. Of course it seems better to take your chances with Dalton in the postseason.

I disagree about Cincinnati being the better team, but yeah, I'd much rather face Dalton than Brady.

@KevinMD4

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2013, 06:04 PM

No it's not-

OphineratedOphineratedForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2013, 06:17 PM

"His'nBeatYour'n wrote:

I'm not delusional enough to believe that the Patriots drop their last 2,

HOWEVER

The Patriots go 0-2
The Bengals go 1-2
the Colts go 1-1

And the Dolphins would have the 2 Seed. It's fun to dream.

What makes that even sweeter is the fact that; it would also knock the Patsies out of the playoffs.

EDIT: If Baltimore also wins out and Baltimore, Cincy, New England, Indy and Miami all finish 10-6, New England is one of the things that doesn't belong here.

invidinvidSupporter
Dec 15, 2013, 06:19 PM

Go McGloin!

/unrelated

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2013, 07:20 PM

OK... so who're we rooting for tonight? I don't have the attention span to read the OP atm.