1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playoff sleeper

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Texphinphan

Texphinphan Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    I hope so, but I still don't see 9 wins getting us into playoffs

2. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Gotta like that article by Adam. You can tell he's payed attention as many of his points were bang on that you dont' find on the headlines. Most analysts simply said no ronnie, no chance. Adam's insight was much more thourough. Stretch games, upcomming schedule, coaching, toughness, work ethic.

And his top goat is priceless. I agree Sanchez is totally brutal. He's having several multipick games. He tries to throw to Edwards on every play and the whole league knows it.

djphinfan, dolfan7171 and vt_dolfan like this.
  3. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Yeah, dont forget the @Jacksonville part. Most just say, oh it will be tough on the road. Though I dont know if i count JAX as a road game, there will be as many phins fans there as jags fans, which he mentioned. and they dont have to travel too far.

4. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Nice article, but I believe the reality of the situation is that Miami has to go at least 5-1 to make the playoffs. Not 4-2.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    awesome story. good to see a writer know about randy starks having a good season.....awesome stuff.

The Aqua Crush and djphinfan like this.
  6. M1NDCRlME

M1NDCRlME Fear The Spear

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando
    DAMN RIGHT!!! I'm heading up from Orlando for the invasion of that dump!! Let's show them that Florida still belongs to the phins...

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    This weekend is a key, or maybe even the key, to whether or not the Dolphins can win the AFC East.

It starts tomorrow evening when the Giants hopefully knock off the Broncos.

But Monday Night, the Saints and Pats in NOLA, is critical.

Bobby Herbert was on the radio today and pointed out the Saints ended the Jets winning streak, and they stopped a different one this year as well, now if they knock off the Pats on MNF our road becomes much clearer.

The Aqua Crush and dolfan7171 like this.
  8. kadiddlehopper

kadiddlehopper Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Just hope the D can hold up it's end with the loss of Fergie.

9. M1NDCRlME

M1NDCRlME Fear The Spear

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando
    I'm torn on this one. I know we need the Saints to win, but I just don't see them dropping a game if NE doesn't beat them. How 'bout a tie!!

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Saints play the Falcons in Atlanta, the dirty birds will get it done.

Cover your eyes lest you witness what we need the Colts to do for us to win a Wildcard slot...

11. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    The stadium will be renamed "Dolphins Municipal Stadium" for that weekend. Hopefully a playoff atmosphere-for the Dolphins! Tix are cheap in Jax, I'd go if I lived near there!

dolfan7171 likes this.
  12. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I think 9 wins is possible as long as we win the right games.

6-4 teams are:

Jags, Who have us, NE and the Colts. So if we beat them we would have the tie breaker.

Pitt has a pretty easy schedule, I don't see them losing 7 games.

Denver have the Giants this week and Indie down the road. However, the way they are playing I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose 4 of their last 6 as they have Philly, KC twice and Oakland after the Giants.

At 5-5 are

The Ravens who are going to play Pitt twice and Chicago (up/down team) as well as GB. They are going to split with Pitt at best and they are going to lose to either GB or Chi

Houston, If we beat them they have to finish 10-6 to edge us out. They have us Indie and NE coming up. Houston is the team I am least worried about.

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The reason why i went on the record with 10 and 6 as my prediction before the season, was because of exactly what shein grazes on in this article...nobody worked harder in the offseason then us, the unity that is being created here, all players and coaches on the same page, all tough minded, smart players, working all offseason together, and a very hard training camp.. its starting to pay it dues.

Now it may sound a little corny to you, but in todays NFL game , where teams are pretty similar talent wise as a whole, its the teams that put in all the work, its the team that is the most well conditioned, its the team that has each others back, with no distractions, its the team that has learned thru countless repetition's how to execute, so when stressfull situations happen, the team relies on muscle memory.

Eventually in todays game, the most united, well conditioned,disciplined team that has "supreme coaching" {i did'nt say it, Shein did} on its side, is going to produce some w's all by itself...This stretch of games will show the world what the definition of the " code" really means..

Were built to sustain some injuries...our strengths are in the right places...Momentum, emotion is now on our side full force, our fans need to help this team reach another level of their play thru crowd noise, and an understanding of their role in all this..

Everything is gravy for us this year with henne, lets go all out man, and see what this dedicated bunch can accomplish...

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  14. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Hate to say it padre but the Pats, under Billy Boy, have not lost two in a row and given that fact I would much rather us beat them than the Saints.