1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playoff Strategy: Ricky Workhorse One Week, Ronnie Workhorse the Next?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, Dec 8, 2008.

1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    I know it is too early to be discussing playoffs due to the fact that we still MUST win 3 more games, but really, as fans, our discussion on a potential playoff game has zero significance on how the team and players perform the rest of the regular season.

So I wanted to gather people's thoughts on this strategy I was thinking of today.

Up to this point, we haven't really ridden either of these backs to victories by themselves. Their carries have been split at about 15 a piece.

Now, I recall how we rode Lamar Smith to our last playoff victory. But then the next week Lamar was spent and we had noone to take the load. But this time, we have TWO backs capable of huge workloads.

And we all know both of these backs seem to get better with more carries. So, do we create a strategy where we give Ronnie 25+ carries in the first playoff game (keeping Ricky rested) and then give 25+ carries to Ricky the next week if we win?

Thoughts?

2. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    That's the real dynamic that Miami has if they wanted to they could run the ball 40 times in a game (if it were working) because you have two strong, fast running backs that can take the full workload.

Personally I think they should continue to split as many carries as necessary each game so that no team can gear up for either one of them specifically.

3. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    "Playoffs", "Playoffs", "I just hope that we can win another game":shifty: