1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playoffs Explained.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Mindwarp, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Mindwarp

Mindwarp FFH

Dec 13, 2007
    Over There.
    I know its been a while since the phins had a shot to go, and there is confusions around here how tie breakers work so here is some explanation I found

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
    If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
    1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

NFL Playoff Bracket - CBSSports.com

Larryfinfan, SICK, Samphin and 4 others like this.
  2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    All we need to do is win baby. If we win out, we could be playing the last game against the jests for the dividion title and only shot at the playoffs.

3. Cosmic

Cosmic Social Disease

Dec 10, 2007
    My brother in law and I were just talking about this last night-thanks for posting this. We got to about step 4 and couldn't remember the rest. We could have looked it up, but this was during the SNF game and we had too many beers and fatties in us to bother.