1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playoffs or Bust this Year

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Looks like Ireland is going all in. He developed a plan to clean up the Parcellian mess that he was a part of, and is now gutting the last remaining stench of the abominable Parcell's footprint.

So long Jake and Fasano, hello 2 impact free agents that can turn games with tough hitting and speed that can't be caught.

So long trading away draft picks and getting nothing in return in favor of stockpiling picks and building through the draft.

So long waiting all off-season to draft our franchise QB or taking a chance on a talent like Tannehill and seeing where it takes us.

We are significantly more explosive than we were yesterday. We have more draft picks later this month than we have had in decades. We still have money to spend over the course of the next few days.

We all paid a steep price for misgivings of our previous 5 regimes, but it may all be worth it if this team turns it around next year. Ireland executed a plan that most of us have been clamoring for since Jimmy Johnson departed 15 years ago. 15 long years of fumbling and bumbling with no direction or coherent strategy.

Cheers to Ireland for executing. Now the burden stretches to Ryan Tannehill, who will either make or break this new era of Dolphins football. A lot of pressure to throw on the kid, but it's sink or swim time for Tannehill.

inFINSible, ToddPhin and oakelmpine like this.
  2. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Stop it. Tell that to the brand new coaching staff finding their way. We're building a new foundation and finally getting some continuity for once. There's no bust anytime soon brother. Let's just hope the boom comes, and quick.

GMJohnson likes this.
  3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

C'mon guys...give it a rest....let's see what they do in the rest of the offseason before we start talking POs.... I agree, cheers to Irish for what he's starting now, but lets see how this offseason ends before we start hanging guys in effigy or annointing them as Gods...

4. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    We are going all in. The Bills and Jets are moving in reverse. There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to compete and attain a wild card spot next year, with essentially 4 cake divisional games. We have all been very patient. This is the year that it needs to lead to positive outcomes on the field.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  5. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    :/ i don't view this as playoffs or bust. I want to see tannehill keep growing and seeing more explosive palys from the offense.

6. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Don't be so sure were all in. I expect us to make some nice changes and carry over some of this cap space actually. Steady as she goes. I've seen teams go all in recently. See: Nyj, phi.

7. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I would be surprised if we gelled this year.

It seems to me it takes a year to get it all figured out.

8. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Considering the NFC is much stronger, the Dolphins have to capitalize now in the AFC. I felt this way BEFORE wallace and ellerbe.

And watching teams like the Colts, Vikings, Redskins, Seahawks turn it around last season? That's exactly what Dolphins fans need to expect in 2013.

muscle979 and Bumrush like this.
  9. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    teh lulz. based on what?

10. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    I don't see us making the playoffs just yet. The team will need time to learn and digest the playbook and develop chemistry.

11. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    It's still going to depend on Tannehill. Like every other team in the NFL, we must get great play out of the QB before we're going anywhere near the playoffs. Another year of a TD/INT < 1 and it will be de ja ****in' vu. Brandon Marshall couldn't help Henne over the hump. A QB either has it or he doesn't. Add Wallace helps, but Tannehill still has to improve his decision making.

The moves we as Dolphin fans were so excited about in 2010 - Brandon Marshall and Dansby have simply been replaced. These may be great additions, but they are filling huge holes. Keep that in mind. I'm happy about today too, but in the back of my mind looms how infrequently March winners = December and January winners.

12. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    things look positive...

13. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    Still a young team with a tough schedule but the future is as bright as its been in a while. Kickoff 2013 can't get here soon enough.

14. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Don't forget if Tannehill is out a game or two Matt Moore is a good backup not like being a completely trashed season. It will be even better by season start. Woot.

15. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    too early for this need to see the rest of fa and draft but atm we won't make the playoffs with the current holes and next years schedule