1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playoffs !! Ravens at Dolphins Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Never going to happen. I'm here and not going anywhere and will never place anyone on ignore.

Like I said, I've commented about and against the "realistic superior being" for years. Sometimes harsher than others. It won't change either, and for you to say I did something to make you think I'm no longer some good poster shows you might be the one whos getting upset.

I'm good and a personal attack goes something like your and a&& and that kind of stuff never comes off my keyboard.

2. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    that was a nightmare. Much worse than today IMO.

3. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Your about what...7 years younger than me?... so I had been engulfed in Dolphins lore for a while longer :lol:

Hence why I went so crazy...

But that loss is like in the Boston Red Sox movie with Fallon my wife made me see once when he was depressed and was watching a debacle game over and over...I think it was a WS against the Mets or something? I dont really follow baseball that much so I dont remember.

If I was in such a state....that'd be my game to replay over and over and over until I die from depression.

finsmx likes this.
  4. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Best of luck to you Crow-Magnon and codizzle,

Glad you guys made it by for the game, and quite honestly, I have a high tolerance for anything the Ravens do, having stepped in last year, at a crucial moment to block our collision with 0-16!

codizzle likes this.
  5. Ozzy

I'm good.

Celtkin likes this.
  6. Chiefster

Chiefster New Member

Dec 16, 2008

Neither do the Chiefs. :)

I forgot the new stadium also has a new name.

John Elway was the QB I loved to hate especially late in the fourth quarter.

7. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Then you shouldn't get so upset.

Nope. You posted something totally ridiculous and it brought down your standing with me. Nothing personal about it. I am not upset...I really don't get upset at anything that happens on the internet. You thinking I am upset is more than likely projection, since you let yourself get upset and are denying it.

Yet it did. You can deny till the cows come home, won't change the facts.

8. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

To be fair, you did threaton to beat me up during the first Ravens game when I called the Suggs int a game changer.

Nonetheless, I still like ya. :up:

9. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Coors............

......awe, to hell with it. I'm breaking out the shots.

10. Chiefster

Chiefster New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    A man with priorities. :)

11. Ozzy

That's totally untrue Sam. I said something like this. If you and I were in the same room while you were saying that I would have to leave the room or jump on you. Never once did I say I'd beat you up. That was you who said you'd knock me out in 2 seconds flat.

Now back then you took that as a threat but it was never meant like that and I thought we cleared that up then?

To be fair...

12. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Congrats to Miami for a great season, you are still the AFC East Champions and had the best turnaround EVER for a team that went 1-15 the year before. Hold your heads up high you have a lot of talented young players to build with for future, consistent success.

Now you can join me, Skywalker and Chiefster in draft talk. :up:

Samphin, like2god, Skywalker and 2 others like this.
  13. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Don't even think that your team will go deep in the playoffs, we gave the game away playing very bad, so no credit to the ravens. The ravens are a mediocre team with no offense and nothing else really. The dolphins turned the ball over 5 times, which is not typical, but it did happen and your scrubby team won.
    I love football to much to wish you good luck next week, since I don't want to see a sorry team like the ravens keep playing, would be offensive.

14. Ozzy

:nutkick:

15. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007

Realize that this was a Bill Arnsparger defense that shut down Marino in the second half. As much as I like Shula, I find it curious that he had little success in the postseason WITHOUT Arnsparger.

16. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Ravens benefited from 5 turnovers. I don't know what the stats are there, but I doubt many teams that benefited from such ever lost the game. What pisses me off, is that we couldn't rattle a rookie qb in the playoffs. AT HOME. That says a lot of if you ask me. Weak performance by everyone on the dolphins end.

17. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

:pointlol:

codizzle likes this.
  18. Ozzy

Oh yeah, you telling me FIRST that I was not with reality had nothing to do with anything right? Or was it because you think that by putting in Sorry before you said it made it ok?

Get yer facts straight first....

Then correcting my spelling? Come on dude, your usually hold your own but I think you need to re-check what you said to me.

19. RavensD

RavensD New Member

Jan 3, 2009
    I know what you're saying, but conventional plays weren't getting it done...Miami couldn't get the run going, couldn't throw deep, short pass game was inconsistent...Miami was just trying to get some kind of momentum going. Can't fault them for trying something new when nothing else is getting you points, you know?

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Mile High Salute

Jan 1, 2009
    Montana
    Broncos get dibs on Taylor Mays or Knowshon :p

21. codizzle

codizzle New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    here we go again. gotta dip into personal lives which u know nothing about.... why u gotta be so shallow dude come on. it would be so easy for me to talk so much smack to u now but i wont.

did u even watch the game? seriously?

22. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    I don't know what the stats are, but you guys were not able to run the ball, Flacco was all over the place.....you got 5 turnovers end of the story!

23. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Flacco did not play well. Even with all day he didn't. Erase a few of those turnovers and you have a chance. Oh well. After another offseason and draft Miami will soon be able to be the kind of hard hitting team they want to be and will not feel the need to try and force things like that. I think Chad was possessed by Brett Favre in this one.

24. Ozzy

I think by sticking around RIGHT after the Dolphins lost, you will see a lot more negative posts towards them. Come back later and people won't have the loss so fresh in thier minds. Unless of course you like seeing this? Then by all means feel free...

calphin likes this.
  25. codizzle

codizzle New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    we got over 150 yards rushing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and averaged 4.6 per carry.. what were you watching. come on please

26. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    The turnovers and uncharacteristic mistakes by Pennington did the team in. If he for example did not throw into triple coverage on three occasions it's likely this may have been a completely different game. Those throws down the field (Ed Reed int return- 7 points), throw right across the middle to Ed Reed again (3 points), throw into triple coverage at the beginning of the third quarter.

Pennington doesn't make Brett Favre like attempts, we win this game. A major part of that? Hold up on the interior line. We weren't beat by Suggs and the edge, it was primarily at the G positions and with Satele.

muscle979 likes this.
  27. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I never badmouthed that defense. But there's no denying that Pennington forced things. Baltimore is a D that can take advantage of things like that. You don't throw into double and triple coverage against them. The offense as a whole is fairly young. They didn't play a better defense, I agree with that. Flacco never had to make plays which is the perfect situation for a rookie.

The only problem I've ever had with Baltimore is that I think Ray Lewis is a piece of ****. Good luck to the rest of them.

28. codizzle

codizzle New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    no im not trying to pick and prod or whatever if i was. i would have been running my mouth by now obviously... i dont smack on a internet forum lol
    i got more class than that

cnc66 and muscle979 like this.
  29. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    You got that rushing game because Flacco's QB play was pathetic with all that time he had. Give Pennington that and it's a different story. The big run by McGahee made your running game look respectable again.

Against a better team like the Titans, Baltimore won't be able to do squat in the running game. Flacco must play far better.

30. codizzle

codizzle New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    i agree with that, but my point was just that pennington rushed it because of the defense. yea the offense is very young besides ricky and chad.
    thats what i said all week about flacco.

i wont even touch the ray lewis comment lol thats ur own opinion

31. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    I don't mind to lose against a team that play better or is better, which was not the case today, we give you the W with our mistakes, the ravens did absolutely nothing trying to force turnovers or Ints. Chad for some reason played very aggressive which is not typical, we lost you won. At the end of the day is only a football game, even if I'm upset about the loss I do apologize if I did got a little to harsh.....I'm good!

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  32. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY

I think if you took that personally, you were making a very large mistake. I said you were ignoring the reality of the situation with respect to the defense and whether they were tired.
    In some other, alternate reality that may be a personal insult, but not in this one. You let yourself get upset for nothing. The smart thing to do if you get upset over a comment on the internet is to either shrug it off or ignore me.

33. Mkdave

Mkdave New Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Milton Keynes, England
    No, they forced the turnovers. If you have excellent coverage on the recievers and a decent pass rush, then you've forced the turnover. We clearly played better. We had one turnover and it was a fumble, it's not like it was a stupid decision, McClain's just not that careful with the football.

34. codizzle

codizzle New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    lol i wont keep going .i understand you dont want to give our defense credit. its all good. good game bro.

35. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Their defense is excellent, only a fool could deny that. They'll make some noise for the rest of the postseason though they're probably going to have to figure out how to beat Pittsburgh who has a great defense of their own. Good luck. :up:

36. codizzle

codizzle New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    yea true that. still not bad for his first playoff game on the road against a stout defense with an excellent crowd

37. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    Well basiclly take away 50 of that from McGhee's late run when that didn't matter, but the bottom line is that if Chad doesn't throw 4 picks, and put your offense in great field position you might not blow us out.

38. codizzle

codizzle New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    u wouldnt have been the first deny it on here.

thx good luck on the offseason trying to improve again and keeping the tuna lol

39. Mkdave

Mkdave New Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Milton Keynes, England
    I really wanna play Pittsburgh. We lost to the twice and they were both insanely close (overtime in Pittsburgh, questionable decision in Baltimore), I just don't think that they can beat us like that again.

40. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Sometimes forcing a turnover is just being in the right place. I was amazed at how often the Ravens defense is simply just in the right place to make a play. We've seen Miami fool a couple of veteran defenses this season but these guys were the best they had played by a significant margin. I was hoping the first game would have helped but I guess not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.