1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Fire Paul Pasqualoni

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MrPaul13, Jan 8, 2010.

1. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010
    He never has his inexperienced CB's in bump and run,but allways in soft coverage,he's got a swath of DE's playing LB to stick to the 3-4,rather then going 4-3 or even 46,his Safeties never know what their assignment is,he only runs mush rushes.
    He's running a college defense in the pro's.

2. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    What does a boxing guy know about football? Sorry, he is not from Penn State. How's the Champ? :)

3. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010
    She's fine,and I did play football all through High School and have watched it since Griese Csonka.
    He's running a college system in the pro's,and its driving me nuts

4. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    Good to see an old friend. I have been too busy on South Beach to keep in touch. :)

MrPaul13 likes this.
  5. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    What is it about putting rookie cornerbacks in about as high pressure a coverage as possible screams "this is something we need to do" to you?

Virtually every single starting 3-4 OLB in the league is a converted 4-3 DE. Further, the 46 isn't even a base defense in the NFL, its the equivalent of the Wildcat on defense.

I'm curious what allows you to say this with such certainty given how you fared in the rest of the post.

djphinfan and Stringer Bell like this.
  6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    valid opinion, shared by many I'm sure.
    not going to happen. shouldn't happen.
    just another opinion... :couch:
    can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear
    got to give the man something to work with
    before you fire him for failure to produce
    not like he's new @ this
    or not had success before :up: think about it

Skeet84 likes this.
  7. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010
    Wait your saying playing two career,and in one case HOF career,at OLB when theyre both better suited to DE is a grand idea.
    Now who failed.
    As far as bump and run,a back peddle soft coverage hasnt worked all year,we get beat on timing passes that we do nothing to disrupt constantly.
    Now who failed
    You adapt to the personel that you have to work with,and he refuses to do that.
    And we've lost at the very least 4 games because of it

8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    are we getting caught up in the doldrums of the off season already?

9. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010
    Naww, I wanted his rump canned 7 weeks ago

10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    rest assure you're not alone
    & there are those
    who would have the head of Sparano,
    Henning & even BillParcells too!
    it is what it is:
    either accountability or frustration

I think we have simply not enough talent in the rank & file to push us over the top :yes: our time is coming.
    We will Contend in 2010!

11. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    We played press-man with our CBs the majority of the year. I'm not sure what you were watching.

In regards to our 'mush' pass rush, we were near the top of the NFL in sacks, and if you go back and watch games like ours against NO, you will see plenty of well schemed blitz packages.

I don't think us switching our base defense from 3-4 to 4-3 is Pasqualoni's call, or Sparano's for that matter. Regardless, I don't think our front-7 was much of an issue, that mostly belongs to our safeties. And as bad as they were in coverage, you can't blame Pasqualoni, he played the hand he was dealt.

Zod likes this.
  12. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010
    Its that he doesnt adapt to the talent he has on the field.Jim Johnson the deceased Eagles DC was a master of making his talent work for him.This guy just runs college based defenses over and over with no real adjustment to circumstance.

13. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    You? You don't seem to understand what the position involves. In basically every 3-4 system beside Belichick and Dom Capers right now the majority of the time in passing situations the OLBs play DE anyway. Further, yes, both players are better as OLBs- Porter has played his entire professional career as such, and Jason Taylor essentially had his best career year in Sabans defense where he was essentially an OLB.

You really think putting a pair of rookies in a technique that allows them basically no time to read and react is reasonable? We had Surtain, Madison, and drafted Fletcher to run the system. Go look at the Eagles expenses on CBs to run it. Its not for young unexperienced players.

14. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    about this team:

1) BillParcells is the author of the 3/4 & has perfected it over the years. look about the NFL, there are want-to-be defenses everywhere
    2) we have an entire (Bell the only exception) new, predominately rookie defensive backfield. they have survived 2009 by the grace of excellent coaching, the front seven applying pressure on the QB & personal effort/talent. next year they will be an item.

3) it all begins in the trenches (offensive & defensive). our trenches are solid but still need two more pieces to excel to play-off consistency: one more starting Quality NT & a Guard to use in rotation.

not so bad for year two :no: think about it:
    a Playmaker @ ILB & WR, a StartingCalibre NT fills the holes
    throw in or develop a RedZoneThreat & a Guard for rotation
    some coaching up w/ a solid training camp & off season
    and
    We will Contend in 2010!

15. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010
    Every one keeps calling for Dan head,when he lost his starting running back and his starting QB,Paul lost a NT

16. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Friend MrPaul13:
    appears we have come full circle on this issue
    the same can be said of Pasqualoni
    that is said about Henning
    too many injuries to key players, too many rookies
    so now who do we fire? no one.

17. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Not me........ The success on 3rd down alone made him worth his job.

The sad fact is that when you have receivers that can't catch, you do not fire the coordinator. You get some new receivers or you fire the receivers coach.

the 23rd likes this.
  18. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

You might want to go back and watch some tape because they ran press coverage a ton. Moreso than a 4 deep zone ..........by far.

About the only thing here that noone can argue with much is that the safeties looked lost a lot I guess.

Out of curiousity could you name some of those DE's playing Lb? JT is about the only one I can think of but anywho most 3/4 Lb' were DE's in College....

19. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    DC Pasqualoni is not going anywhere, by accepting the invite to coach the South Squad at the Senior Bowl the Staff has to in place to coach them.

Meaning if anything DC P will have his pick of the liter in this draft as he will have first hand knowledge of how quickly those players learn what he teaches them as well as watching every practice to see how they look in real life as opposed to reel life.

20. Ozzy

Joe Collier probably was first to use the 3/4 but Bill Arnsparger was the one who took it to another level and he only used it a third of the time.

padre31 likes this.
  21. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    agreed, but it has been Bill Parcells to continual use & upgrade the system throughout his NFL career on every team he has coached until today.

1) the 3-4 defense was developed by Bud Wilkenson. He devised the alignment @ Oklahoma in the late 1940s. The alignment: three down lineman and four linebackers in the front seven, thus the name 3-4.
    2) Collier was the architect of the Broncos' 3-4 defense in the late 1970s, (the Orange Crush Defense)
    3) when Shula became head coach with the Miami Dolphins,he brought along Arnsparger, who fashioned the "No-Name Defense" it sometimes worked out of a 3/4 but mostly used the 4/3 defense.
    4) Bill Parcells has used it consistently throughout his NFL career with every team he has coached & is credited with promoting & fine tuning the 3/4 defensive system we use today.

Bill Parcells knows the 3/4 & he knows what is required to structure it properly. he understands how to select LB's & prepare them to play the system. he is the #1 authority on the 3/4 in the NFL today.

22. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the coaching staff will basically stay in tact this year
    the problem resides in the material they work with in Miami
    & this draft & free-agency should resolve that situation

23. Ozzy

Joe Collier was the first to use it in the Pro's...