1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help a fellow Phin Fan....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by vt_dolfan, Oct 13, 2016.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I was listening just now to the Phinsider podcast, and learned of this.

I cant even imagine what this poor Dad and his family are going through. Please take the time to read....if you can, help.

[FONT=&amp] some of you already know by way of reading Ricks heartbreaking post, Rick Baker aka animal2020 lost his eldest son yesterday as a result of an act of violence. You can see his post HERE. In the spirit of what he said about us being a family, I set up a go fund me page to help his family with the funeral expenses and hopefully any other expenses that they may incur. In a time like this when most of us are lost for words realizing that someone just experienced what many of us see as our worst nightmare the least we can do is try and take a little of the burden that the family is feeling off of their shoulders.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]If you can please go over to the page and give something, even if it's only a few bucks. If you are not able to at the very least please take the time to go to his post and give your condolences to him and his family.[/FONT]
    Lee Family Go Fund Me Page

Here is Ricks post over at Phinsider.com

[FONT=&amp]ome to you today not as the fun loven animal you know. but as a father. yesterday I lost my oldest son to a senseless act of violence. he was only 28 when he went out with some friends. they had a few drinks and someone decided it would be fun to hit him much like a knock out game. which it in fact did knock him out. his head hit the pavement. his other friends that were there took him home told no one and left him there thinking he would be ok. but he wasn't the impact along with the alcohol made his brain swell he went into a seizer and died. I come to you guys today a broken man and a lost father. I do not know if I will ever find joy again I wanted you to know because we are a small family it is just myself, my wife. and our three sons and seven grand children. ages 12 to 2 I reach out to you because over the years I have come to think of you as friends in arms. we share a common love of this team but as time went on I have found the faces behind the names and the lives you have lived. my wife and I are poor and the 5k it will cost to lay our son to rest is just one more nail in my heart. now do not think I have come here to ask for money. what is more important to me is a word of warning. never take your family for granted. never think that something you can do today can wait till tomorrow. my son was a gentle soul who I loved more then life itself. but there was times when I was to busy for him. there was times I figured there was always tomorrow. now I have no tomorrows. I have no more chances to hear him talk to give him hugs to tell him how much I am missing him right now. now I have to carry on and raise his two daughters. so I say to you all on this site who I call friends. don't waste one second of what you have.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]I love you so so much david lee

[/FONT]
    http://www.thephinsider.com/2016/10/11/13240922/how-do-i-go-on

DolphinGreg and cuchulainn like this.