Poker table with Miami references

5 replies

MrtreeMrtreeForum VeteranOP
Aug 2, 2018, 02:50 PM

I thought some here might get a kick out of this. My father was a successful stock drag racer in South Florida in the early 60’s.
[ATTACH:full]
[ATTACH:full]

About two years ago I had a custom poker chip set created to commemorate his career. I decided I wanted to have a matching table made and this is what I came up with. The racewall has numerous South Florida shoutouts from Hialeah Speedway (his “home” raceway) to his sponsor (Munroe Zeder) and even ads lifted directly from the background of racing photos from the 60’s.

[ATTACH:full] [ATTACH:full] [ATTACH:full] [ATTACH:full] [ATTACH:full] [ATTACH:full] [ATTACH:full] [ATTACH:full]

MrtreeMrtreeForum Veteran
Aug 2, 2018, 02:51 PM

Ugh, stupid pictures aren’t attaching from my phone. Let me try adding from desktop.

MrtreeMrtreeForum Veteran
Aug 2, 2018, 03:16 PM

Well I was able to get most of them up...the image uploader was being finicky even from desktop. There was one more old Miami throwback ad that I couldn't get to load no matter how hard I tried.

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Aug 2, 2018, 03:56 PM

Thats pretty damn awesome.

Ive been stuck in ATL all week (fk this rain) flying to LV for the weekend but will be back and playing WSOP Cherokee main event next week.

Let me know if you have any home games, ive been spending a TON of time in Alpharetta/Woodstock area.

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

MrtreeMrtreeForum Veteran
Aug 2, 2018, 04:21 PM

"Fin-O wrote:

Thats pretty damn awesome.

Ive been stuck in ATL all week (fk this rain) flying to LV for the weekend but will be back and playing WSOP Cherokee main event next week.

Let me know if you have any home games, ive been spending a TON of time in Alpharetta/Woodstock area.

Really? That’s right in my neck of the woods. I will send you a PM.

jdallen1222jdallen1222Forum Veteran
Aug 16, 2018, 03:04 PM

Beautiful table, thanks for sharing.

🎃