1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: The Fallout from Winning Today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by thedolphinsmakemecry, Dec 23, 2007.

Are you hoping the Dolphins lose today so they're guaranteed the #1 overall pick?

1. NO! What are you smoking?

25 vote(s)
    89.3%
  2. Yes

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. thedolphinsmakemecry

thedolphinsmakemecry New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    I can't help but root for my Fins, but looking at the standings, I see what could happen. The Rams, Falcons, and Jets are all 3 win teams. If we somehow beat the Pats, the "no defense" Bengals are up next at home, and if we end up winning 3 games, we can slide as low as the #4 overall pick.

My thought is that the season has been bad enough and we might as well get the #1 overall pick out of it, but at the same time, I can't help but root for my team...talk about a dilemma.

2. andyahs

andyahs New Member

Dec 9, 2007
  3. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    The Jets sweeped us. All the teams you mentioned have a divisional win...so lets win out. We're still picking first.

4. THCMAN

THCMAN New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Miami
    As if they really had that option.

The Pats would beat us if Moss sat out if they only threw it to Welker. I still can't believe that Seau retired from the Dolphins only to join the Pats the next focking week...

Next week we WILL beat the bungles though, IMO...

5. finfan01

finfan01 U-C-F Knights!

Dec 19, 2007
    Orlando
    Look....it does not matter whether or not we get the first overall pick because it is lookin like we arent gonna draft anybody who is on the top of those 3 other teams' draft boards. If the Fins do indeed drop in the draft, Glen Dorsey would still be available and so would other D-linemen...regardless, whoever has the #1 overall pick...they will pick McFadden (unless its the fins)

6. thedolphinsmakemecry

thedolphinsmakemecry New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    True. I thought the same. We could prob get Gholston with the #4 overall pick too; however, we'd lose the value in getting more picks if we trade down from #1 overall.

7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I don't know if its wise to start Brady today or next week. They have homefield advantage locked up. Don't sit everyone, just the guy who you can't win without. Look what happened to Willie Parker! I hope Brady takes a vicious shot today, if they keep him in, and go for blood. Not wishing injury on him. Just warn em why people don't play their stars if they don't have to.

8. Lungoystr

Lungoystr New Member

Dec 1, 2007

I would expect Brady to play a couple of series. I also would look for them to go deep (Brady to Moss) quickly in order to try to score of couple of quick TDs. Hate to say it, but if they can do this, it will be a tough job for us to climb back into it........not impossible, but tough. Let's hope our D can get after him like they did Boller.

9. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    We only have ONE win, and even if we should beat the Pats we would probably still get the first overall pick unless we also beat Cincy. Nothing would make me happier than beating the Pats today.

10. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    cheers!:ffic:

11. namor

namor New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    BEAT THE PATS.....Please send us a chrstmas miracle.

12. BSQ

BSQ New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Let's beat the friggin heck out of them and worry about the draft later. Let's get something to be happy about today!

13. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I don't think there is a difference between drafting #1 or #4 in this draft. We'll still be getting a great defensive player--Dorsey, Long, or maybe Gholston....plus, Matt Ryan and Darren McFadden. The #1 pick just helps with some possible trades.

I want to win SO DAMN BAD TODAY!!!