1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post news about Browns..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Aug 15, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Dion Lewis broke his fibula..he was looking very good this preseason..

Mingo bruised his lung, staying over nite in hospital.

Weeden has looked very good in his two game action, 3 tds, no picks, about 65%..bout a 132 qbr..

Pinkston their starting guard who replaced the original starting guard because of injury was also carted off the field..

Cameron their tight end is coming into his own, the only guy I trust covering him is Dion Jordan..lol.

Lewis and Gordon are big losses for them against us..

PhinsRock and Bpk like this.
  2. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    How do you bruise a lung? Martin and Cogs needs to know pregame. :shifty:

SICK and Bpk like this.
  3. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I still stick by my initial belief that Jordan Cameron will be the most important guy to stop. We saw tonight what he can do in the redzone. I don't mind giving up some yards to Richardson provided we continue to cinch up on the running game inside the redzone per usual but we can't let a few of those FG drives turn into Cameron TDs.

4. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    happens in pron all the time. Ask Boik's sister.

SICK and cuchulainn like this.
  5. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    I actually just picked up that Cameron guy in both my fantasy teams. Dude looks legit.

6. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Gonna be a tall order to beat the Browns week 1.
    Why in the hell does the fanbase write this off as a win?
    30-16 Dolphins.... Browns get a late garbage TD. Haha

SICK, HULKFish and Puka-head like this.
  7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I think Barkevious Mingo may end up playing against us despite the bruised lung.

Losing Dion Lewis hurts but it was Trent Richardson who was set to try and do the most damage against us anyway, running and catching.

8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    The Browns have talent and Weeden has looked very good so far. Week 1 is certainly no walk in the park.

NCFINFAN, Da 'Fins and Aquafin like this.
  9. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    You know how this stuff goes. Most are already looking past them.

10. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    There's no reason to look past any opponent. I'm about as excited as you can be for this season, but we haven't been winning much the last 4 years. We have to prove it on the field.

NCFINFAN and Aquafin like this.
  11. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    Who cares if we, as fans, look past an opponent? You know the players wont be and thats all that really matters

SICK, maynard, Steve-Mo and 1 other person like this.
  12. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    You're right. And I think we're going to win too, but I'm certainly not saying "OK, easy week 1 victory, let me look into the Colts."

13. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Not me. I'm lookin' right at their asses.

[​IMG]

And I'm not impressed.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  14. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    That's why we are on a message board right?
    Otherwise you wouldn't see opinions.
    Sure I'll be watching but I nor you will be playing in the football game. You know?

15. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    You might wanna sit T-Rich if he's on your fantasy team. He's gonna get the Marshawn Lynch/Darren McFadden (vs Miami 2012) treatment and the Browns DO NOT have a Russell Wilson type to bail them out.

HULKFish likes this.
  16. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    perhaps you should consult with DJ about it?

17. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    I don't even know you anymore. but sweet dreams. :up:

18. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Tall order? The browns are still a bad football team. If anything I've seen too many people overrating them on this board. I'm not saying their terrible but they are coming off a 5 win season, their qb looked shaky all year and then they switched OCs, their best wr is out against us, now they lose Lewis....

I mean...we better ****ing win this game. Period. It's not that I'm looking past them, it's that I don't know what I'll do if we don't win...

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  19. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    I hope I wake up with heavy hangers on that day.
    The rookie kicker nails a 48 yarder for the win.
    Will take big balls for Caleb. Goldilocks is gone.

20. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Agreed.

21. PhinFan1968

As I said in another thread...Superb special teams performance, great defensive performance, average offensive performance...19-13 Miami, Caleb gives salute to Marino, scoring 13 points by himself.

22. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    LMAO thats funny cause the wife is a big football fan but I hate watchin games w/ her b/c she's always talkin bout this guy has a nice ***, sexy tats, or that guy has a big package, etc.

I swear Carpenter is getting ready to take (miss) the FG vs the Jets in OT (all Ireland's fault BTW:shifty:) last year and she blurts out: "damn he got a big dicckk for a white boy". Insult to injury.

23. PhinFan1968

Inoright? What is up with this defeatist attitude fellas? Like worrying about the game will make you feel any better if they lose it. I EXPECT the win...if not, I'll be disappointed, if so, I'll be at work clowning the Cowboy-wagon like "y'all see them Fins yesterday? WHAT!"

Do they have good players? OF COURSE....32 teams do! Faith.......

Puka-head likes this.
  24. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010

Sound about right. I'm pretty confident they won't be able to move the ball consistently, especially w/o Josh Gordon to loosen up our secondary. Offensively we just need to stay patient, make a few first downs here and there, control field position, and eventually things will go our way. If we can get a lead and force them to get pass happy it'll be lights out.

djphinfan likes this.
  25. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    My dawg :knucks:

Try to imagine what these namby pamby "we're gonna suck" so called Fin fans would be saying if we were in Cleveland's shoes. They ***** endlessly about Thomas as a failed 2nd round pick, now imagine if he were the 3rd overall averaging 3.6 ypc. Oh and they coulda had Tannehill or traded up for RG3 and instead ended up w/ Weeden the 30 yr old sophomore? The Firelanders would be rioting....

26. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Just came back from the future...Grimes jumps a pass intended for Bess for 6. Dolphins 24-10.

27. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    :lol:

that would explain the missed FGs from 50+.

xphinfanx likes this.
  28. PhinFan1968

Instead it's like, "oh jeez guys...(shake and shutter) The Browns!!!!!!...all the experts have them rated far below the Dolphins but they're AWESOME!!! Can we trade for Weeden and their GM!?!?!"

GMJohnson likes this.
  29. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    No no no, lets lose on purpose so we can draft Matt Barkley #1 overall and trade for Matt Flynn!!!

Think I'm lyin?

[​IMG]

30. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I just started the Falcons-Ravens game and had a handful of cashews ready to say bye-bye to their maker when the picture suddenly flipped to a brunette cheerleader being hoisted. HOO RAH. Let's just say I'm currently picking half those nuts off the floor.

It's at 19:38:12 in case anyone else wants to drop their nuts too.

31. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Start looking forward to the draft. If we cant beat the browns the colts falcons saints ravens stretch is going to be brutal. And I don't think its going to be easy to beat the browns. Our o beats their o but the d is pretty even imo

32. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I'm really impressed by Jabaal Sheard in this new role of his with his hand off the ground. He looks like a natural in it. It's something I had heard about him in camp but you never know if that's just talk.

He gave Jake Long a bit of trouble last week and this week he gave Riley Reiff WAY more than he could handle.

Brandon Weeden was very sharp. He was sharp last week too. Really aggressive tendencies which actually jives well with Norv Turner whereas last year those aggressive tendencies ran counter to what the coaches liked. He's starting to master the little things like hard counts and manipulation of the offense to get what he wants. A couple of misses he had were still right on the receivers' hands and at pretty good distance too. The decision making was generally just a lot sharper than a year ago, smarter. Taking the underneath on 3rd & 10 when you're on the cusp of field goal range is a smart decision especially when you've got rushers in your face because rookie Garrett Gilkey had to come in at right guard for an injured Jason Pinkston. Other times he handled pressure he gets away from it, looks for options and makes the smart throwaway.

What has particularly impressed me are his throws near the goal line. This preseason he seems to zero in on the accuracy and throw strikes particularly around that area. That first touchdown to Jordan Cameron was a great throw but you look at his throws last week, the touchdown he had last week was also perfect placement, and he had another throw that was absolutely terrific that should have been a touchdown but Greg Little couldn't finish (what's new). The second touchdown to Cameron though was just a good read of the field and nice decision to hurry and gun the throw before the defense closed up the missed coverage. Weeden's accuracy and placement this preseason has really been top notch altogether but it seems even more deadly near the end zone so far. I'm sure it won't always look like this, but it's good to remember that this is the dude that was ludicrously asked to hit clay pigeons that traveled across his line of sight at 50 mph to where if his timing was off by 0.01 seconds he would miss the pigeon by 6+ inches to the right or left, and at one point after he'd gotten the timing down he hit 4 out of 5 of them. I've seen those trick shot videos you see out there. I've never seen something that matches that feat.

The problem as I see it is that he still in both games has shown a need to rely on Josh Gordon. That'll work fine when Gordon is in the game because he has the looks of a great receiver in the making. He's really a physical marvel with a lot of talent. But when they play the Dolphins they're not going to have that guy, and I just think as I've said since the day he got suspended, that's going to be too much. Prior to Gordon's suspension I had the game as a nice tossup. After the suspension I just have to say...we win. In all likelihood.

PhinsRock and GMJohnson like this.
  33. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Am I wrong not to be worried about the Browns? Certainly it's possible they win. But I think it's going to take a pretty ****ty performance from our offense. I don't see Cleveland being able to mess with our defense. I don't see many teams being able to mess with our defense. Our front 7 is as good as there is in the NFL. Athletic, fast, and powerful. It wouldn't shock me one bit if Miami doesn't allow a 100 yard rusher all year. I think 2/4 of our secondary is pretty stout with Jones and Grimes. Clemons can do a good job at S too. Really, the question marks are with the others corners. And that becomes less relevant IF we find consistency from whomever is playing opposite Wake.

Our defense is going to be special this year.

34. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    You watched the game, gotta respect that. And thanks for the feedback, always good to hear your take.

I watched the first quarter and a half I saw more bad defense than good offense TBH. Why the hell are the Lions playing press man with a single high safety? Chris Houston and Ron Bartell are pretty bad, Don Carey is even worse, and Louis Delmas is out of the lineup, again.

Speaking of out of the lineup, Megatron didn't play, none of Detroit's other receivers seemed to belong on the field and their running game is a joke, once again. Even Pettigrew had a case of the drops. The only guy doing anything at all was Reggie Bush. I'll give the Browns' starters credit for dominating while they were in but I can't imagine they'll ever have it that easy again in their lives.

35. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010

100%.

I think the defense will dominate this year, especially vs teams like Cleveland who rely on the run game.

Clark Kent and djphinfan like this.
  36. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    Can we afford to take any team lightly, no, but let's not forget this is still pre-season. I'm not going to get too worried about how good, or bad, any team looks in pre-season games. For all we know, the Browns have looked good because they're using more of their playbook than other teams. We all know how teams can tank the pre-season then be playoff contenders in the regular, or can look like Superbowl shoe-ins in pre-season only to finish 3-13.

I don't think the Browns are going to be a walkover, but we should have a good enough team to beat them.

37. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I'm not one of the pessimistic posters on here, but...

-We are going to have trouble with that pass rush.
    -Norv is a terrible HC....but a fantastic OC
    -Preseason or not Norv has Weeden looking like a young or old Troy Aikman (slight over exaggeration)
    -Joe Haden has traditionally held Wallace at bay.
    -We are on the road in a hostile environment.
    -With C. Jordan our new LB's better be ready to earn their $ early.

The fact we play the run very well and they will be without Gordon, gives us the slightest of edges IMO.

Don't see a ton of points here though, 13-10 game is very possible.

Puka-head likes this.
  38. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Although the ones who look past an opponent usually wind up being the eye of the sh*t storm that follows on the board if we lose.

39. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    J Cameron looks like a new up-and-coming stud TE for them. I can see him giving us problems, especially with Gordon out of the game.
    overall, I do think they are being overrated based on preseason play. they do have good pieces in place though. Good Oline, Gordon and Bess at WR, Cameron at TE and TRich at RB. Hayden at DB, good Dline. Overall, should be pretty even match for us. Whoever wins turnover battle wins this game.

40. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    they are talking to jonathan ogden in the booth at 19:32 on my broadcast at NFL Network

NCFINFAN likes this.